Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Frac

£331 for a brand new under warranty ED100 with diagonal, EP, finderscope, collimating EP, and adaptors = bargain. Whoever won did well in my eyes... but then again I would say that :)

Edited by Chris Lock
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

£331 for a brand new under warranty ED100 with diagonal, EP, finderscope, collimating EP, and adaptors = bargain. Whoever won did well in my eyes... but then again I would say that :)

Do I detect a little irony in your post, Mr Lock? :wink:

Looking forward to the pictures :lol:

On 12/21/2016 at 21:48, DRT said:

Do I detect a little irony in your post, Mr Lock? :wink:

Looking forward to the pictures :lol:

Ha! I guess it did look like that, nah I already have one.

Edited by Chris Lock
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

Ha! I guess it did look like that, nah managed to get mine for £311 :icon_biggrin:

That's a great buy, Chris. The SW ED100 usually sells for about £100 more than that second hand, normally minus a couple of bits and bobs, and it doesn't have the fancy coatings.

Now you just need a Moonlite focuser and you're sorted :wink:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris Lock said:

Picked up this slightly rare find, David Hind Optical are auctioning off Celestron stock on Fleaby. These haven't been in production for years, but this one is certainly brand spanking new so must have been sitting in a box for years in a warehouse perhaps? 

I've never seen one for sale second hand, it's a Celestron OMNI ED102 XLT f/8.8 refractor. I've never named a scope before but for some reason I've been compelled to name it 'Midnight'.

Also needed to pick up a mount for it, so this classic Black dual drive HEQ5 arrived today....can't wait to test both the scope and mount out but there was plenty of thick cloud in the box.

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

I have to say Chris, that scope and mount look like they were made for each other. The scope should be rock steady on that mount.  It's also nice to see the unusual combination of dark blue scope and black mount. Very attractive. :) 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DRT said:

That's a great buy, Chris. The SW ED100 usually sells for about £100 more than that second hand, normally minus a couple of bits and bobs, and it doesn't have the fancy coatings.

Now you just need a Moonlite focuser and you're sorted :wink:

I know! :) I'm well chuffed! what do you reckon Moonlite wise...Orange or Blue? :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RobertI said:

I have to say Chris, that scope and mount look like they were made for each other. The scope should be rock steady on that mount.  It's also nice to see the unusual combination of dark blue scope and black mount. Very attractive. :) 

Thanks Rob :) Me too, I think it looks magic with the deep metalic blue scope and black mount. I had one of these black basic dual drive HEQ5's years ago, they are really excellent rock solid no fuss mounts that just run simply and for a long time off 8 D-cells :) 

• Like 2

I have to admit i would have liked this scope, it looks really nice but i did not want the flak for steering away from the 120 i am being told i need

any way in the spirit of this thread, here is my frac and my only scope, there seems to be something missing as i dont see how it fits onto a mount, there must be a vital part that goes between the scope and the AZ4

finderscope.JPG

• Like 7

Here's mine - a proper frac! It's a TS F6 triplet APO :) Mounted on the heq5 with belt mod and OO pedestal. Camera is a qhy Minicam5s mono. That's an ankle weight counterbalance taped to the front - not pretty but it does the job. 50mm finder guider bolted via pipe clips - similarly, does the job! In the background is the window I image through though not done any imaging with it recently cos of the weather. New Moon coming up - along with Storm Barbara - tut! :( Anyway, on the bright side, it's a lovely scope :)

TS-APO.jpg

Merry Christmas SGL!

Louise

Edited by Thalestris24
  • Like 9

I now have the bit my little frac sits on, and back in the Frac club, nothing special but a Celestron CR4 100mm F10, not any where near as sexy as Chris`s XLT ED but a fraction of the price, but at least i have a scope, just set it up for a quick look and its clouded over and started to rain, consistent if nothing else

Celestron CR4.JPG

• Like 6