NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Show us your Frac

27 minutes ago, Dean Hale said:

My little Takahasi and the StellaMira 80mm ED on the iOptron CEM26 and Scopetech Zero. So nice i did some creative art. Well the phone app did. I think they actually look quite good.

_storage_emulated_0_Pictures_Cartoon_Photo_cartoon1647197922706.jpg

_storage_emulated_0_Pictures_Cartoon_Photo_cartoon1647198090114.jpg

_storage_emulated_0_Pictures_Cartoon_Photo_cartoon1647198292011.jpg

_storage_emulated_0_Pictures_Cartoon_Photo_cartoon1647198236526.jpg

Great take on telescopes, love that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This artist take reminded me that I used to enjoy turning photos into all sorts of paintings,sketches, canvas, watercolor art in Adobe Lightroom, the feature is not inherent to Lightroom but can be added on. Here is my take on my scope in canvas.

7126243B-579A-4AAA-85E9-94B7992A2C2D.jpeg

• Like 8

On 09/03/2022 at 11:13, Stu said:

This thread needs a boost, so here are a few latest ones, apologies for any repeats! 😱🤣

Are all these lovely telescopes set up in your garden? or do you live next to a country park?

7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

This artist take reminded me that I used to enjoy turning photos into all sorts of paintings,sketches, canvas, watercolor art in Adobe Lightroom, the feature is not inherent to Lightroom but can be added on. Here is my take on my scope in canvas.

7126243B-579A-4AAA-85E9-94B7992A2C2D.jpeg

I wonder if there is the reverse app function whereby we take a sketch by @mikeDnight and it converts it to a 25h stacked image by @ollypenrice🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Some lunar action tonight. A rather short session as the seeing wasn't great and not many features were visible due to the almost fully illuminated disk.

IMG_20220318_225733__01.thumb.jpg.67a3b3a3df03acb05ed8a387a2674347.jpg

And a quick snap with my OnePlus 7 Pro resulted in the following, rather soft in my opinion, image:

IMG_20220318_230255__01.thumb.jpg.f92ccc1f92e1fab136351fcb69f0a5b7.jpg

This was with a 10mm Baader Classic Ortho and my rather new Baader Zeiss prism which I like very much.

Anyone else out?

Victor

• Like 12

Having a spring clean of our outbuildings in this lovely weather, so took a couple of shots of my 3 (soon to be two) scopes..

IMG_20220324_103248586_HDR.thumb.jpg.96d800b3b900007cfe8c556eeb1ccb0a.jpg

L-R: All - Tak setup, FS128, EM2s mount and FC-L Tak Tripod, Vixen SP102m on Vixen Super Polaris Mount in Altaz mode, and home made wood tripod, and Carton Japan 60mm F12 achromat on Carton EQ/Altaz mount in EQ mode on SW aluminium tripod.. I have the original wooden tripod, but it's too short for me to use comfortably, more suited to a child..

(This little fellow isn't getting much use due to my acute Takitis - which is compounded by Vixenitis - both of which are incurable, apparently..so I'll be looking for a new home for him soon :rolleyes2:).

IMG_20220324_103459235_HDR.thumb.jpg.f10f6d0b3dd8f3b23cb19d57299b9ef3.jpg

IMG_20220324_103425830_HDR.thumb.jpg.4749ac460a547e5bf25d572073408862.jpg

Dave😊

Edited by F15Rules
Additional text info
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Three beautiful looking scopes there Dave.  I have fond memories of using Mike's FS128 when he owned it.  From a selfish point of view, I wish he had kept it.  Ah well.

I just love your garden, the scopes are lucky to have such a nice place to be set up in 😃.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't think of anything more fitting as a beautiful garden ornament than a clutch of beautiful telescopes. They look great, but i think there's a stray leaf on your lawn. :laugh2:

Paul's right about my FS128. I should have kept it as it was my favourite scope, but when a FS152 came within my reach I got greedy. One of life's harsh lessons!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, paulastro said:

Three beautiful looking scopes there Dave.  I have fond memories of using Mike's FS128 when he owned it.  From a selfish point of view, I wish he had kept it.  Ah well.

I just love your garden, the scopes are lucky to have such a nice place to be set up in 😃.

Thanks for your kind remarks Paul. Yes, I know Mike often regrets selling his FS128..I've made similar mistakes myself, and, barring illness reasons, I plan to keep Trinity for the rest of my observing life: only now, after owning her for 5 years, do I feel I'm starting to really get the best from her (my fault/limitations, nothing to do with the scope!).

Dave

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikeDnight said:

I can't think of anything more fitting as a beautiful garden ornament than a clutch of beautiful telescopes. They look great, but i think there's a stray leaf on your lawn. :laugh2:

Paul's right about my FS128. I should have kept it as it was my favourite scope, but when a FS152 came within my reach I got greedy. One of life's harsh lessons!

Thanks Mike. Actually, the lawn isn't great at the moment..I just treated it with Feed & Weed yesterday, and already there are black patches appearing as the daisies and other weeds begin to die away..I don't want to kill them all, just to leave more grass than weeds!😊

Dave

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Only been a week but it has been fun for sure.

Here are my initial comments, I posted a quick review on the FLO webpage for this scope;

I received the telescope only 5 days after ordering from FLO. This is fantastic considering I am in Perth Australia.

The scope came packed and sealed very well and there were no issues with the delivery. Everything was as described, and quality control appears excellent.

The focuser is smooth and sturdy. The matt white finish has a good texture and the metal anodizing is all very professional.

I was delighted to find the overall length is less than 24" with the focuser racked in and sliding dew-shield retracted. Online specifications state a length of 26". The scope fits perfectly in an Oklop 80/600 bag so long as you remove the diagonal and finder. The rings and dovetail can stay on.

I was able to complete a first light session on the evening of the day of arrival and found the optical performance to be very good. A nice star test typical of good ED doublets and extremely low levels of false colour.

Contrast is excellent. This is a really nice telescope for the price. It is light weight, versatile and satisfying to use. I am a visual only observer, and this scope will be a handy option for short back yard sessions as well as trips away from the city.

An early morning session observing the planets was very enjoyable even though the seeing conditions were not ideal. Saturn being highest in the sky was most rewarding especially just before sunrise when it was over 40 degrees above the horizon. Tiny Mars did not reveal much detail other than a hint of polar cap and some darker shading on the surface. Venus had no false colour and Jupiter though interesting did not reveal much in the way of detail being so low and subject to atmospheric blurring. I used a 2” GSO quartz diagonal and also tried a Takahashi 1.25” prism. I preferred the Tak prism for high powers as there was less scatter.

This is early days and conditions have not been ideal so this is just my initial thoughts.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 20/04/2022 at 01:00, plyscope said:

Only been a week but it has been fun for sure.

Here are my initial comments, I posted a quick review on the FLO webpage for this scope;

I received the telescope only 5 days after ordering from FLO. This is fantastic considering I am in Perth Australia.

The scope came packed and sealed very well and there were no issues with the delivery. Everything was as described, and quality control appears excellent.

The focuser is smooth and sturdy. The matt white finish has a good texture and the metal anodizing is all very professional.

I was delighted to find the overall length is less than 24" with the focuser racked in and sliding dew-shield retracted. Online specifications state a length of 26". The scope fits perfectly in an Oklop 80/600 bag so long as you remove the diagonal and finder. The rings and dovetail can stay on.

I was able to complete a first light session on the evening of the day of arrival and found the optical performance to be very good. A nice star test typical of good ED doublets and extremely low levels of false colour.

Contrast is excellent. This is a really nice telescope for the price. It is light weight, versatile and satisfying to use. I am a visual only observer, and this scope will be a handy option for short back yard sessions as well as trips away from the city.

An early morning session observing the planets was very enjoyable even though the seeing conditions were not ideal. Saturn being highest in the sky was most rewarding especially just before sunrise when it was over 40 degrees above the horizon. Tiny Mars did not reveal much detail other than a hint of polar cap and some darker shading on the surface. Venus had no false colour and Jupiter though interesting did not reveal much in the way of detail being so low and subject to atmospheric blurring. I used a 2” GSO quartz diagonal and also tried a Takahashi 1.25” prism. I preferred the Tak prism for high powers as there was less scatter.

This is early days and conditions have not been ideal so this is just my initial thoughts.

I have the TS version of this scope and absolutely love it!

916245768_20220516_0445223.thumb.jpg.7f7afebab1976cdb65c5986ebbe00209.jpg

• Like 8

Morning. Takes but two minutes to get the scope out. A bit off target otherwise it would mostly be in shadow. Its a great moment when its still 7:30am the smell of coffee, soft seat of the garden furniture the sounds of the birds and bees, the wind in the trees the early sun warming you while peeking a look at it. All before the world gets up. Its Priceless. The scope moves to the EQ5 if its worth putting a camera in tracking it for the rest of the day. Its what weekends are for. 

1312441099_20220528_0756372.thumb.JPG.23e77cd8a6ebd16370f4f5280efcbb72.JPG

• Like 10

On 18/04/2022 at 22:59, plyscope said:

New Starfield 102 f7 ED from FLO.

IMG_1240 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1242 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1254 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1251 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1255 - Copy.JPG

If I didn't have an NP101 already I would have boughten one of those scopes after I looked at it in the Canadian dealer / owners shop here in Ontario last Sept. You get a lot for the price !

• Like 2

My new Svbony 48P, 90mm, f5.5, sliding shield, 2" 2 speed, 360° rotatable focuser. A perfect companion for my NP101. And for just $350 C. Great performance, wonderful views !51F1E46C-921D-42D6-9700-C3FEA6E1E73C.thumb.jpeg.4066e22d7468cf4aaae3c30d9a4f8424.jpegBCCE7BDC-BABE-43CF-B558-A31DF522FA99.thumb.jpeg.cf6028c3f48d06e22176ea71ab236328.jpeg

Edited by LDW1
  • Like 9

My little Tak all suited and booted. Will soon be put back to visual only once i decide what to replace it with for imaging. Not that it isn't very good - just that i have rarely used it for quick grab and go visual session over the past few months.

PXL_20220525_092834862 (1).jpg

• Like 9