NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sagittarius Triplet mosaic.a

ollypenrice

Here's our week's work from the TEC140/Avalon Linear/Atik 11000. Guest Paul Kummer and I have been getting this in HaLRGB. The right hand panel had,

Ha 15x15, RGB 8X10 per colour, L 2X15. The L was combined with the synthetic L from the RGB for both panels.

The left hand side wasn't so lucky with clear sky time! It had,

Ha 5x15, RGB 6X10 per colour, L 2X15. Now that is not a lot at F7 but I say again that nothing is faster than monochrome CCD.

Here's the full field;

SAG%20TRIPLET%20TEC%20MOSAIC-XL.jpg

And some crops.  The pouting and voluptous Trifid Nebula:

CROP%20TRIFID%20NEBULA-L.jpg

The familiar Lagoon;

CROP%20LAGOON%20NEBULA-XL.jpg

And the less familiar but rather nice NGC6559 which also includes some catalogued dark nebulae which I'm too tired to look up!

CROP%20NGC6559-XL.jpg

The fullsize of the whole thing should be here, with luck. (The original is nothing like as noisy); http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/22435624_WLMPTM#!i=3355082646&k=XqpRhfL&lb=1&s=O

We now turn to a much larger project captured in the Tandem...

Olly and Paul.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always great to see the images that come from Les Granges and this is no exception - a stunning view of a fascinating area of the sky.

You are lucky to get away with using such suggestive words to describe The Triffid, but they are most appropriate!

Obviously a few more panels bottom and right would complete the picture...!

Always great to see the images that come from Les Granges and this is no exception - a stunning view of a fascinating area of the sky.

You are lucky to get away with using such suggestive words to describe The Triffid, but they are most appropriate!

Obviously a few more panels bottom and right would complete the picture...!

I haven't got away with it yet!! (I think I just called it the Marilyn Monroe of nebulae last year...)

:grin: lly

Ey up, that's good. We need to extend England's greatest county 10 deg south. I particularly like the Lagoon. This particular spot sits for me behind next door's hedge and in the orange glow of Harrogate. We have our own piece of French heritage shooting past the door on Saturday though. Allez, allez!

Great capture as usual Olly! I think NGC 6559 is quickly becoming my favourite of the trio, followed closely by M20. Its the dark nebulae at the center that does it for me i think.

Here's our week's work from the TEC140/Avalon Linear/Atik 11000. Guest Paul Kummer and I have been getting this in HaLRGB. The right hand panel had,

Ha 15x15, RGB 8X10 per colour, L 2X15. The L was combined with the synthetic L from the RGB for both panels.

The left hand side wasn't so lucky with clear sky time! It had,

Ha 5x15, RGB 6X10 per colour, L 2X15. Now that is not a lot at F7 but I say again that nothing is faster than monochrome CCD.

Here's the full field;

SAG%20TRIPLET%20TEC%20MOSAIC-XL.jpg

And some crops.  The pouting and voluptous Trifid Nebula:

CROP%20TRIFID%20NEBULA-L.jpg

The familiar Lagoon;

CROP%20LAGOON%20NEBULA-XL.jpg

And the less familiar but rather nice NGC6559 which also includes some catalogued dark nebulae which I'm too tired to look up!

CROP%20NGC6559-XL.jpg

The fullsize of the whole thing should be here, with luck. (The original is nothing like as noisy); http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/22435624_WLMPTM#!i=3355082646&k=XqpRhfL&lb=1&s=O

We now turn to a much larger project captured in the Tandem...

Olly and Paul.

For those of you looking (and you should) it looks like the full image is no 37 of 121 on Olly's favourites. First time I've used the site so apologies to Olly if I've misinterpreted it.

For those of you looking (and you should) it looks like the full image is no 37 of 121 on Olly's favourites. First time I've used the site so apologies to Olly if I've misinterpreted it.

Thanks. Number 37 is actually this one which was taken using a smaller scope, the Tak FSQ85 now in Sara's capable hands. Camera was an Atik 4000 and the image was in a single frame.

SAG%20TRIPLET%20HARGB%202SCOPV2-L.jpg

It was enhanced using TEC data for the three main nebulae. It has a better field of view but the stars are larger and, of course, it doesn't have the resolution. Now that we have full frame cameras here it's possible to do widefield in the TEC. I'm really enjoying this. Adding a few panels to the TEC image has to on the list...

Olly

Even before i read the name of the person who started this thread, i looked at the images and thought to myself: "These are classic Olly or TomOD images". Then i looked to see who posted them. Its weird how you can tell who took images just by the style of them. Then again i guess it like being able to tell which artist painted a certain painting just by the typical style of it.

Excellent images by all.

I was browsing through the Deep Sky section thinking 'nothing from Olly for a while', lo & behold here it is.

Beautiful fov Olly & considering that is approx 13 hours of data the detail shines through.

Great double act & worth the effort every time.

Archived