Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

2 hours ago, mapstar said:

Spotted this in the FLO clearance section 

Astrotrac TT320X-AG Without polarscope

£345 if anyone is interested? 

Haha, yes, I had already texted Soupy about that one as I know he was looking for one lol

I was just giving anyone interested the heads up that there is a full set up, including 200P and HEQ5 SynScan with loads of accessories for £600 in the SGL classifieds. Gone on overnight and I don't think it'll be there long. Got to be worth a look  for anyone looking for a decent set-up :)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, NegligentDischarge said:

That's more or less the area where I come from Eric, Malham cove is a fabulous place. When I still lived/worked up there I used to love getting jobs that way, anything out beyond Leyburn that involved driving through, and admiring, the scenery on the way to the job made me feel like James Herriot on his rounds!  I particularly used to like it when it had snowed, even if the roads were a bit precarious!

Kevin

I love the place

Just got my fancy new Hotech Laser Collimator, thanks to Damian for the recommendation! The quality of this thing feels superb! I can't wait to see how far out of alignment my scope actually is. I think I did a decent job with the Cheshire. Although im sure this thing will prove me wrong lol ???

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Ryan P said:

Just got my fancy new Hotech Laser Collimator, thanks to Damian for the recommendation! The quality of this thing feels superb! I can't wait to see how far out of alignment my scope actually is. I think I did a decent job with the Cheshire. Although im sure this thing will prove me wrong lol ???

image.jpeg

I like....

This Hotech Collimator actually got me thinking. Why don't they incorporate the securing method from the Hotech into eyepieces and do away with thumscrews altogether? It would keep the eyepieces right in the centre where they should be.

28 minutes ago, Ryan P said:

I've probably just added a weeks worth of cloud onto the never ending bad weather situation. lol ?

yeah cheers for that mate lol Just spoke to a really helpful guy from modern astronomy, seems to know his stuff lol they get mini observatories shipped over and built in your garden which look absolutely ace!! god only knows how much that will cost and turns out my QHY CCD should be here tomorrow woop woop!!!! fingers crossed for a clear sky at some point in this lifetime!!!

3 hours ago, Ryan P said:

I've probably just added a weeks worth of cloud onto the never ending bad weather situation. lol ?

Don't worry about your purchase Ryan. Looks like a nice piece of kit.

Look what arrived today!!!

Hopefully Adam will get his parcel tomorrow.

Loving the super sexy purple one......... :)

image.jpg

7 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

image.jpg

Two well that's just being greedy

Neil

2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

image.jpg

Nice Vicky they look cool. I don't know Ann summers did Astro gear ?

6 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

Mark as you are in the vicinity ,try to pay us a visit,i will be on site from Monday 8th,be good to see new faces,

Mike

Thanks for the invite Mike I will try to get down to the site ?

Archived