Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, adam_sage said:

yeah cheers for that mate lol Just spoke to a really helpful guy from modern astronomy, seems to know his stuff lol they get mini observatories shipped over and built in your garden which look absolutely ace!! god only knows how much that will cost and turns out my QHY CCD should be here tomorrow woop woop!!!! fingers crossed for a clear sky at some point in this lifetime!!!

They sound awsome mate! But there is now not a chance of any clear sky's untill at least may with what everyone has bought lol!!

14 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Don't worry about your purchase Ryan. Looks like a nice piece of kit.

Look what arrived today!!!

Hopefully Adam will get his parcel tomorrow.

Loving the super sexy purple one......... :)

image.jpg

That is just greedy Vicky! lol!! The purple one does look sweet though!

Well, my next little engineering project is for myself. After putting the Hotech in the eyepiece holder of my scope it has made me realise how flexible the 1.25 and 2" eyepiece holders are when connected to my focuser. Im going to make some aluminium lightweight ones that are the correct length that fit nice and snug inside the focuser. Doing away with the extension on the focuser completely. That should stiffen the whole thing up nicely while keeping the weight down. ?

4 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Will you lot give the clouds a chance to at least clear for 10 minutes before buying anything else!

Some of us want to get out and use the kit not just fondle it and comment on how pretty it looks! 

I know! Terrible behaviour!!

is today the day then? Carbon fibre at the ready?

21 minutes ago, adam_sage said:

can't wait to use it I'm praying for some kind of clear night and use it!! people don't get why I'm excited about it.....they just call me a geek and walk of lol

Im dying to get my planetary camera back out as well tbh. Jupiter is in prime position for it now as well if the clouds would do one! 

5 hours ago, Ryan P said:

Im dying to get my planetary camera back out as well tbh. Jupiter is in prime position for it now as well if the clouds would do one! 

tell me about it just once a week would be good enough!! its not been too bad in leeds all day today but now theres a massive cloud coming........

On 1 February 2016 at 19:07, adam_sage said:

Also met lee today what an absolutely sound bloke!! Got a red torch and collimator :-)

Yes he is helpfull, I'm going to see him this week regarding the kendrick system of dew control, it's not the cheapest option but is well made and good quality materials from what I investigated.

eric

ps: I have a good dew shield already, but need to take additional precautions with SCT's being dew magnets lol

On 2 February 2016 at 11:01, Ryan P said:

Yes Ryan , at 1am this morning it was a reasonable height and showing brilliant, I nipped upstairs to get my big bino's and when I got to the back door again, guess what !!, an earthly occultation called a large cloud had blocked it out lol

eric

1 hour ago, 2STAR said:

Yes Ryan , at 1am this morning it was a reasonable height and showing brilliant, I nipped upstairs to get my big bino's and when I got to the back door again, guess what !!, an earthly occultation called a large cloud had blocked it out lol

eric

??? brilliant Eric! I kept popping my head out but it kept spitting and going cloudy so I chose to stay indoors and catch up on Silent Witness.

jupiter position is getting better each night though now. I can feel some cracking cloudless nights coming. Stay positive lol!

2 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Yes he is helpfull, I'm going to see him this week regarding the kendrick system of dew control, it's not the cheapest option but is well made and good quality materials from what I investigated.

eric

ps: I have a good dew shield already, but need to take additional precautions with SCT's being dew magnets lol

I know that he was out the country again today but is back tomorrow as he's ordered my collimator in for today so will be going to pick it up tomorrow after work :-)

33 minutes ago, adam_sage said:

I know that he was out the country again today but is back tomorrow as he's ordered my collimator in for today so will be going to pick it up tomorrow after work :-)

Yes, he does the omega flights for the Northern Lights Tour.  

Archived