Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Soupy said:

Prob a lend of your 8se!

For a compliment like that though it might be the Williams frac:dontknow:

Borrowing the 8SE is a possibility, but nobody, and I mean nobody, gets to borrow the William Optics lol - still scared of using it myself haha. I just open the case and stroke it once a week lol ;)

Just been doing a bit of solar viewing with the new little refractor. Nothing much to see here today citizens, just one "little" solitary sunspot. At least I got to use my newly made solar filter. Might not get to use it again for weeks.......

image.jpg

16 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Borrowing the 8SE is a possibility, but nobody, and I mean nobody, gets to borrow the William Optics lol - still scared of using it myself haha. I just open the case and stroke it once a week lol ;)

Just been doing a bit of solar viewing with the new little refractor. Nothing much to see here today citizens, just one "little" solitary sunspot. At least I got to use my newly made solar filter. Might not get to use it again for weeks.......

image.jpg

There was also a lovely big Rainbow over Ossett & Horbury this morning.

Just been sent a list if things for Keilder by Matt that hazegood forwarded to him, now this advised bug repellant is what !!, are there flesh eating maggots or the like up at keilder, what bugs are they, how many, are they of the nocturnal variety ! what is their 'modus operandi' do they attack in numbers or are they solitary assassins,  do they prefer young,middle age or oap flesh!!?, do i have to bring my Max Sievert Blow Torch with me, because that will sort the blighters out for sure.

Eric

5 hours ago, Soupy said:

Prob a lend of your 8se!

For a compliment like that though it might be the Williams frac:dontknow:

image.jpg

Really don't know what happens with the posts on this new forum sometimes. It just posts random stuff lol

For the midges (if there are any) I would highly recommend the Avon dry oil spray. Anyone who was at Winscar for the Perseids would agree, I'm sure ;)

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

Really don't know what happens with the posts on this new forum sometimes. It just posts random stuff lol

For the midges (if there are any) I would highly recommend the Avon dry oil spray. Anyone who was at Winscar for the Perseids would agree, I'm sure ;)

Yep they definitely don't like it! 

Just got a sleeping bag it says good for --5C, will use my old one as a duvet cover also. Will there be an 'official' list of required articles for keilder !,,,.

Thats it now no more on camping from me until I let you know when I have bought my cutlery etc lol

2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

I remember it well the Avon dry oil works a treat

neil

The midges can be a big problem Eric, but hopefully they will be subdued somewhat. They tend to start after Easter when the daily temp is above 10°. Night time isn't too bad as is direct sunlight,  it is first thing and twilight they tend to be the biggest problem. But best to be prepared after this mild, wet winter.

Don't worry about getting too cold or wet, the barns are always available to kip in or if Dawns not up, the house, but don't tell her! 

As for kit list I'll get one out soon, don't want to email one too early, I'll only have to do it again... ;)

6 minutes ago, Soupy said:

Society web site updated with forthcoming events, please share on social media etc.

is it me, or have we all gone a little quiet since this SGL site has been upgraded...?

No just Vicky lol 

8 hours ago, mapstar said:

No just Vicky lol 

I'm just struggling getting the settings right on this new forum. It might just be the iPad. I only get occasional notifications on my phone and then I don't think to check the thread for new posts. I'll get used to it. Never fear, Ursula hasn't gone anywhere. I'm still sort of watching, just not always watching at the moment....... LOL ;)

Derek I've tried jungle formula midge spray up there and the midges don't seem to care! They are Kielder SAS midges I think, they just keep coming back for more blood! :evil7:

Skies were almost clear last night but there was some very high cloud just damping them out, could barely make out the Pleiades, you did well to get the Galileans Damian.

Archived