Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great WADAS meeting! Really interesting talk, and I agree with you both, Mark and Soupy - can't believe how much we have learned from the timings of occultations. Another cracking time at the Cinnamon Lounge - Luke is still flat out in bed (probably dreaming of koalas lol) as he has an inset day today, lucky thing.

I've been busy fitting out my little dedicated QHY flight case. It's a mini version of my other case, so they look quite nice together. It's all slowly coming together. For all enquiries visit pimpmyflightcase.com lol. We just need those clouds to clear now, but you can all blame me and Adam I guess.......

image.jpg

6 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Another great WADAS meeting! Really interesting talk, and I agree with you both, Mark and Soupy - can't believe how much we have learned from the timings of occultations. Another cracking time at the Cinnamon Lounge - Luke is still flat out in bed (probably dreaming of koalas lol) as he has an inset day today, lucky thing.

I've been busy fitting out my little dedicated QHY flight case. It's a mini version of my other case, so they look quite nice together. It's all slowly coming together. For all enquiries visit pimpmyflightcase.com lol. We just need those clouds to clear now, but you can all blame me and Adam I guess.......

image.jpg

Yeah i blame us too lol extension tube turned up today :-) 

5 hours ago, gtis said:

Nice one vicky

complete with gorilla pod going to fit my new flight case out with the star adventure over the weekend

neil

Yeah, I've had the mini Gorilla Pod a little while, but never really used it as it is so light. It's just a dinky little thing lol. Bought the tripod adapter for the QHY, so I can use it with the meteor lens to do a bit of widefield. Don't think the image quality will be great, but it's a bit of fun :)

16 hours ago, astrotyke said:

Just use a camping role. Seems to work ok :) I'd be interested on knowing how you find them, I got told that dew heaters on a sct cause bad air terbulance inside the tube. But no idea if what I've been told is correct.

The turbulence apparently is not too common on SCT but can be caused by the dew strap getting too hot, mostly when a controller is not being used. 

I had a chat with Lee at Greenwitch and asked if I could attaché the dew strap over the outside of the dew shield I use, he said that would be a ok, ( I may have to crank the heat up slightly on the controller) the heat would still get through and keep the corrector above the ambient temp therefore warding off the dew mist.

I also mentioned that I was thinking of moving in the direction of Video astronomy at some stage, he has loaned me a book titled Astro-photography on the go written by a guy he knows called Joseph Ashley, It is hard to put down, great read and in simple language without all the technical jargon that has confused my little brain so far lol,

Already while reading this book so far it as cleared up quite a few things I couldn't quite grasp but can now fathom out, if any of you are familiar with this book then you will know what I mean lol, plain English, plain examples, plain easy !!.

Eric

Myself, Woozy, Gain and Steve & Tony from HAPS all back home safe from Astrofest in London. Totally shattered, but we've all had a brilliant day filled with plenty of laughs with great company. Think we all came back with empty pockets, but armed with goodies. Got a nice few bits to look at properly when I surface tomorrow :)

image.jpg

Going in to sheffield for a photo assignment with a group of friends 

see you all later, look forward to hear all about your day out vicky

you will never have any money left at this rate plus we can blame you

for all the clouds hehe

Neil

Archived