SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, mapstar said:

Really surprised to see Lee (rockystar) from Bury selling his equipment?

I believe he is looking to buy a 200P, as I noticed he had responded to an advert on SGL for one, but said he had to sell his existing stuff first. Hope he makes a sale soon if he needs the money to upgrade.

Safe journey Damian and we look forward to your reports :)

9 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

I believe he is looking to buy a 200P, as I noticed he had responded to an advert on SGL for one, but said he had to sell his existing stuff first. Hope he makes a sale soon if he needs the money to upgrade.

Safe journey Damian and we look forward to your reports :)

Ah I see now he's becoming one of the Dob Mob :headbang:

Just in case you are all wondering, I've decide to change to a dobsonian, after seeing one come up in the classifieds (sold now, but I'm sure another will come up), and documenting my trials and tribulations here:

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/262411-should-i-swap-my-eq5-for-a-dob/

So after a long inner debate I've decided to go for it, sell my EQ5 and re-invest in a dobsonian once sold. So if anyone knows anybody that is buying or selling, then point them my way :-)

6 hours ago, Soupy said:

I see Apple still believe Pluto is a planet Adam... :icon_biggrin:

Yeah most my life pluto was a planet in our solar system so I'm not going to discriminate and include it lol to be fair i wanted a lot more to go on it but i think i may have been slightly over ambitious lol so settled with that :-) which i like

Long time no see guys, hope you're all well! Thursday night is looking clear up at Winscar from 9pm till 1am if anyone fancies a trip up? 

I haven't been able to log into my account, forgot my login details and for some reason when i click the forgot password link and put in my email address, i never received an email! been driving me mad! All sorted now, however for some reason i'm struggling to log in on my phone........

yes Adam, you've forgotten Ceres, Haumea, Makemake and Eris to name a few, looks like you'll need a bigger laptop next time  ;)

WB Sam, been too long buddy!

Vicky can't get the time lapse working on the iPad.

59 minutes ago, Soupy said:

Gonna have to give my new set up a run out as well. Must have bought right the cloud gods seem happy with my purchase and have disappeared!  :hello2:

20160210_101545.thumb.jpg.856497e54f5893

Sexy toys for geeks...looks fabulous! 

Will blame you if it goes cloudy!

18 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Managed to get the QHY camera up and running through EZPlanetary, and I wanted to work out how to do a time lapse. Sussed it out before the clouds rolled in.

Hope Damian has got better weather in Galloway.

Dusk 090216.mp4

Another good bit of progress for you Vicky, looks really good just played it now

Eric

5 hours ago, adam_sage said:

Vicky - Time lapse looks awesome please show me how you did it :-)

Adam, did you order one of those little meteor lenses? I used that so I could stick it on my little tripod in the front yard to test it out. It is in the EZPlanetary software in the video record options part. I'll bring my laptop to the meeting next week to show you. Still working out all the settings myself lol. Hoping to get out in the back yard later if it's clear and have a go at getting the QHY into the back of the scope! :)

Archived