Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

15 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

I bought a cheap thing from Argos 2 man will be ok if it doesn't rain lol, if it gets bad I will just have to suffer, or maybe decide to go to GO OUTDOORS this next week and buy a decent one and stop being a skinflint to myself or penny wise & pound foolish as they say.The hydrostatic head value on the one I bought is 1300 , so nowhere near the mark !!! , I know what will happen now, my dearly beloved will remind me again that I' m just like a little kid rushing in to things again , I hate to admit but she is right again lol

eric

When ive had a quick look at go outdoors online, all I can find is one with values of 1500. Cant see anything with 3000.

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick image from last night. Apparently Callisto was crossing the front of Jupiter at the time of my images, so that explains why I could only see 3 Galilean moons at the time. Going to try to see if I can do some jiggery-pokery in PS to combine a few of my images :)

The Moon & Jupiter 27.01.16.jpg

6 hours ago, Matt Scunthorpe said:

When ive had a quick look at go outdoors online, all I can find is one with values of 1500. Cant see anything with 3000.

Matt, my wife just looked at my tent and said its 1500 grade and for £19-99p is worth it (pro action 2 man dome) for the amount of camping I will be doing so that's it!!!, who  am I to argue, if we experience torrential rain or snow fall (possible who knows) and it leaks then I will make a hurried exit for my car lol!!

eric 

ps> I got mine off ebay and was an Argos clik an collect, it says 1300 same tent on Argos but is actually 1500 standard.

17 hours ago, Mark62 said:

Home made power tank up and running. 28AH golf cart  battery charger is just sat in box and connected just pull out the lead and off we go. I have a fold up solar panel I'm hoping I can connect it through the charger leads to charge when I'm away from electricity 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks good Mark, maybe one day you can show me how you connected it all, as when I progress in our hobby I will need something of similar power etc.

I have bought a Halfords 17ah phase 4 in 1 jump battery for £39 which should be ok for my dew controller and straps.

IMG_1096.JPG

31 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Quick image from last night. Apparently Callisto was crossing the front of Jupiter at the time of my images, so that explains why I could only see 3 Galilean moons at the time. Going to try to see if I can do some jiggery-pokery in PS to combine a few of my images :)

The Moon & Jupiter 27.01.16.jpg

Great pic Vicky, love it :)

6 hours ago, Ryan P said:

Damian. Please could you give me the name of that Laser Collimator you have please?

Glad you had a great night with the scouts Vicky. Sounds like they enjoyed it. The sky did look lovely and clear last night.

Ryan I have the Hotech SCA laser collimator with the 2" adaptor. FLO sell them although for some reason I can't seem to copy and paste the full URL from my phone? Copied the address bar with the full address  but when I paste it, it only adds the first bit? 

Looks like the fraudulent auction site ad is back again if you do a search for it.

Meade 12 LX200 GPS wUHTC Coatings, SBIG CCD, Televue Nagler, and Much More!

I must've seen this half a dozen times now! Be careful peeps 

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Looks like the fraudulent auction site ad is back again if you do a search for it.

Meade 12 LX200 GPS wUHTC Coatings, SBIG CCD, Televue Nagler, and Much More!

I must've seen this half a dozen times now! Be careful peeps 

Just had a look now , fraud notice served on it, these people need a good ++++++*********

Orion constellation 14.01.16. I followed a tutorial Leigh sent me to reduce LP and it worked! I have lost some of the feinter nebulae, such as Barnard's Loop, but the horrible orange LP glow has deinitely gone. I'll have more practice with that method to try to keep some of the original detail. Thanks again Leigh :)

Orion 14.01.2016 (LP).jpg

2 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Orion constellation 14.01.16. I followed a tutorial Leigh sent me to reduce LP and it worked! I have lost some of the feinter nebulae, such as Barnard's Loop, but the horrible orange LP glow has deinitely gone. I'll have more practice with that method to try to keep some of the original detail. Thanks again Leigh :)

Orion 14.01.2016 (LP).jpg

You will have to give as a tutorial 

then vicky

Neil

21 hours ago, mapstar said:

I think Leigh is well experienced in this and the virtues of good waterproof tent. 

ha ha aha,

that's wasn't down the the hydro rating which on that tent was 3000mm it was due to the large hole in the flysheet I hadn't noticed, 

anyway for tis trip I have new tent and new -20 rated Snugpak sleeping bag

8 hours ago, Matt Scunthorpe said:

I find these Eric on go outdoors, only had a quick look. Seem good value if you don't want to be spending a lot (which I don't lol). But I don't know anything about camping so don't take my word!

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-soul-200-tent-p358944

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-ark-200-tent-p357629

first link is the tent I am lending you Matt

18 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Looks good Mark, maybe one day you can show me how you connected it all, as when I progress in our hobby I will need something of similar power etc.

I have bought a Halfords 17ah phase 4 in 1 jump battery for £39 which should be ok for my dew controller and straps.

IMG_1096.JPG

I just went on to you tube and copied what they had did. I would not have a clue how to do more then one socket lol

i just went on YouTube and copied what they had done on there I have no idea how to wire up more then one socket and I carnt solder for toffee, in fact my soldering looks like chewed toffee ?

Archived