SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a little adapter plate in with my guidescope, that I'm hoping I won't need when it comes to mounting it. Used it to mount my RDF onto it's shoe for use on my little 80mm grab and go. Managed to use the camera thread that was already in place on one of the tube rings. It sits a bit high, and I need to see about getting a shorter 1/4" countersunk style screw so I can remove the little circular plate, but it'll do the job for now. Had a fun half an hour playing with my kit :)

image.jpg

15 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Just a Heads up just starting on Quest+1 New : cosmic collisions and the space station and beyond. 

They start at 5pm and the at 6

Thanks Mark. Terry is watching his programme at the minute, but I'm going to put it on when he's finished with the TV :)

2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Got a little adapter plate in with my guidescope, that I'm hoping I won't need when it comes to mounting it. Used it to mount my RDF onto it's shoe for use on my little 80mm grab and go. Managed to use the camera thread that was already in place on one of the tube rings. It sits a bit high, and I need to see about getting a shorter 1/4" countersunk style screw so I can remove the little circular plate, but it'll do the job for now. Had a fun half an hour playing with my kit :)

image.jpg

Looks a bit like a RPG Vicky

Not long back from Soupy's  and a pleasant couple of hours with tea and telescope talking.

Things for my trip have been rolling on and the messages and phone conversations all culminate in a gathering of like minded folks this week for the spring star party. Looking forward to it.

My first foray into carbon fibre is a success although improvements can always be found and I will be revisiting it at a later date. Many thanks to Ryan for his assistance in getting me to the finishing post.

It's now hopefully time to enjoy the fruits of many a labour and fingers crossed share it with others 

1 hour ago, 2STAR said:

Looks a bit like a RPG Vicky

Haha, one of my non-astro friends thinks I am a sniper lol - I do believe that Michael in Horbury's "Handyman" DIY shop thinks I am too! 

So pleased things are coming together for Galloway for you Damian. Hoping for clear skies up there to allow full enjoyment of your masterpiece! We look forward to your viewing reports. Safe journey, and we'll catch you on the other side :)

26 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

Hello All, does this mean i`ve to rebook the banners /staging /tickets etc for the unveiling at Galloway?

Regards

Mike

Still on't last push Mike but will be brining it for its maiden camp outing!

17 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Cheers guys 

The case looks very neat Neil and seem to be a good match for the star adventurer.

Nice bit of pimping too Adam I never knew where we were in the solar system lol!

Thanks Damian

Third Rock from the sun

Neil

Archived