Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galactic Center Project 2 rows of RGB

Tom OD

Hi SGL, I started this galactic center project last year, but ended up changing objects due to time constraints. So far I have a lot more Lum data, but here are the bottom 2 rows of just RGB. Its 90mins of RGB data, with the Tak FSQ106N and the 11000 Atik. This is a 5x2 mosaic, and I hope to get more data next Summer to finish this and make it a 5x5 image. From B72 up to the Eagle, taken from Spain. This is my last picture from my adventures over there. Not fully processed, yet I want to wait until I have the entire RGB mosaic complete before I start the colour tweaks, balancing, micro curves etc... This just had a crop, curve push and some rough colour saturation applied. No real subtlety to the process on my end. I'll post the Lum data later when I have played with it a little more. Flick image here: http://www.flickr.co...N02/9152704948/ Thanks Tom. For some reason my enter button does nothing in the posting field so excuse the way this pic is attached. post-4679-0-63169800-1372344842_thumb.jp

But Tom - I want to see the whole image now!

That looks awesome and I can't wait to see the finished mosaic...

By the way, I'm guessing you are using IE 10? The failed carriage return is a known (and very annoying) issue which Microsoft don't seem in any particular hurry to fix :mad:

Of course I know this one via sneak previews but it is ruddy marvellous with the background dust colours as good or better than I have ever seen anywhere.

I've been drowning in assorted tasks recently but would love to help out with the remaining photon hoovering...

Olly

Tom, congratulations, this is already spectacular and will undoubtedly be quite phenomenal once you have the rest of the data - also for a supposedly non-optimised version in terms of it's processing it already looks pretty much spot-on.

Thanks everyone for the comments. As for IE 10, I don't know which version I'm using really. But I do miss the carriage return! I'll be getting Olly to help me finish this one, but in truth the RGB may not get done until next Summer, but I've learnt to show patience in this game. However there is still the Lum to play with. Also I would not mind getting some Ha for it either, or at least for some bits of it. There is a beautiful region which looks Ha-ish in the Lum data just above the Eagle nebula that I don't think I have seen before in images.

Thanks everyone for the comments. As for IE 10, I don't know which version I'm using really. But I do miss the carriage return! I'll be getting Olly to help me finish this one, but in truth the RGB may not get done until next Summer, but I've learnt to show patience in this game. However there is still the Lum to play with. Also I would not mind getting some Ha for it either, or at least for some bits of it. There is a beautiful region which looks Ha-ish in the Lum data just above the Eagle nebula that I don't think I have seen before in images.

I've imaged around the Eagle, Swan, Lagoon, Trifid and the regions between the two. Ha plays magnificentlly well in what we think of as fairly 'empty' sky. It's a daunting prospect but the rewards would be high!

Olly

Yes I think the Ha addition would really make it shine. There is a lovely looking patch just to the right of the Lagoon that I had not noticed before, and a dullish red signal from above it, that definetly needs some Ha. Maybe some Red and Green in one scope and Blue and Ha in the other?

Tom,

That is stunning! If you need any photons after Oct 1 let me know and we'll see if I cannot enter some coordinates in ACP with the rest of the fall's projects ;)

/per

Thanks Per, best of luck with your project, I'll be learning from you and Jonas so that we can get to the same level of s/w control too. Well once we get the Tak machines up and running.

I can only guess at and admire the time and effort you put into these Tom.

I notice you are moving out of your location in Spain. I must have missed the thread explaining. Is it back to Ireland or further round Europe ?

Either way, happy imaging,

Dave.

I can only guess at and admire the time and effort you put into these Tom.

I notice you are moving out of your location in Spain. I must have missed the thread explaining. Is it back to Ireland or further round Europe ?

Either way, happy imaging,

Dave.

Hi Dave Its back to Ireland for a full time job, but my imaging will continue through Les Granges. I have many more projects that I want to try.

Archived