Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Milky way from Mullion Cove, Cornwall

Hi everyone,

I finally decided to share the milky way photo I took from Mullion Cove last autumn.

I initially wanted to take 120s subs, but a coast guard helicopter nipped that idea in the bud, it kept flying in my cameras field of view as it circled the area.

I was set up in front of a hotel and some lovely ladies I had spoken to while setting up came out a few times throughout the night to see how I was doing an if I needed anything. Very sweet of them.

Star adventurer 2i

Stock canon 4000d

18mm f3.5

I planned and waited for it to be positioned between the land masses.

Thanks for looking

070322 4 copy (7)_compress68.jpg

• Like 10

9 hours ago, MKHACHFE said:

Hi everyone,

I finally decided to share the milky way photo I took from Mullion Cove last autumn.

I initially wanted to take 120s subs, but a coast guard helicopter nipped that idea in the bud, it kept flying in my cameras field of view as it circled the area.

I was set up in front of a hotel and some lovely ladies I had spoken to while setting up came out a few times throughout the night to see how I was doing an if I needed anything. Very sweet of them.

Star adventurer 2i

Stock canon 4000d

18mm f3.5

I planned and waited for it to be positioned between the land masses.

Thanks for looking

070322 4 copy (7)_compress68.jpg

Very nostalgic. I used to live on the south eastern part of The Lizard with its dark skies. I now enjoy stargazing from the cooler climes of Spain 😆

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Varavall said:

Very nostalgic. I used to live on the south eastern part of The Lizard with its dark skies. I now enjoy stargazing from the cooler climes of Spain 😆

I was seeing a girl back in 1999 that lived in st.anthony, in the lizard. It's just so stunning down there...but a pain in the backside to get to from London. 😶