Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Leo Triplet.. Atik 314

Coco

Hi, wow ive had more data in a week than the last year! :D

Here is my take of the famous Triplet..

Thanks to a top stacking tip from Olly and Rob Ince..

28 Lum 600 second 1x1

20 Red 300 second 2x2

20 Green 300 second 2x2

20 Blue 300 second 2x2

Stacked in Astroart , tweaked in Pixinsight & Photoshop..

LEO_TRIPLET_zps9a8e98c0.jpg

Very nice, what's the tip (it obviously works!) :smiley:

I was using Astroart V5 wrongly :D

In the end I stacked the bias + flats to make a 'master flat' for each filter, then stacked the filter images + master flat (for each filter)+ darks ( Coming from a OSC back ground I didnt use darks before ) and pored the lot into deep sky stacker.. I always got noisier images than with AstroArt.. although Nebulosity I am told does what AstroArt V5can do..

I lost at least 30minutes of images per filter due to the flip and using the Artemis software to flip the image, it didn't match the flats properly so I ditched them.. :( lesson learned... again thanks Olly..

Nice. Some stars look a little triangular? Pinched optics?

Nah... my processing.. and guiding..

Heres a couple of crops of the Lum... to satisfy your pixel peeping.. ;)

starfield_zps1a0cf96f.jpg

I was using Astroart V5 wrongly :D

In the end I stacked the bias + flats to make a 'master flat' for each filter, then stacked the filter images + master flat (for each filter)+ darks ( Coming from a OSC back ground I didnt use darks before ) and pored the lot into deep sky stacker.. I always got noisier images than with AstroArt.. although Nebulosity I am told does what AstroArt V5can do..

I lost at least 30minutes of images per filter due to the flip and using the Artemis software to flip the image, it didn't match the flats properly so I ditched them.. :( lesson learned... again thanks Olly..

Lovely image with some gorgeous details. What do you mean when you say 'flip the image' using artemis? What is this?

Lovely image with some gorgeous details. What do you mean when you say 'flip the image' using artemis? What is this?

Hi..

In Artemis capture ( Atik capture software) you can rotate the image capture 180 degrees, usually you do this when the EQ mount flips after the meridian which would then turn the camera upside down, you counter this by capturing the next set of images by 'flipping the image over' the problem is your flat files will not match pre/post meridian, thanks to good advice I wont do this in future but will rotate the images in the software prior to stacking..

One caveat:

Flip the image 180 degrees once to align the camera field of view to match the pre meridian imaging run, then flip back (so the image looks upside down) and continue the capture..

Fantastic image Guy with great colour

Hi..

In Artemis capture ( Atik capture software) you can rotate the image capture 180 degrees, usually you do this when the EQ mount flips after the meridian which would then turn the camera upside down, you counter this by capturing the next set of images by 'flipping the image over' the problem is your flat files will not match pre/post meridian, thanks to good advice I wont do this in future but will rotate the images in the software prior to stacking..

One caveat:

Flip the image 180 degrees once to align the camera field of view to match the pre meridian imaging run, then flip back (so the image looks upside down) and continue the capture..

I have just imaged this last saturday but not processed it yet.Guess what had the meridian flip at some point and I flipped the image in Artemis capture so may have to process without flats now.Guy I callibrate my images in nebulosity (on the fly) and align and stack in AA5

Archived