Search the Community
Showing results for tags '72ed'.
Found 3 results
Hello all! The weekend that just passed we went to my girlfriend's parents. The skies in that rural area are pretty much as good as you can get. I don't have an SQM reader, but Clear Outside estimates 21.91. I didn't take the EQ6R with me, I still consider it a big lump of iron, and the AZ-EQ5 should be on its way back this week as a Stellar mount. So I used the EQ5 which was left in the car for a while. While the tracking/guiding on the RA axis is quite good, the DEC control jumps a lot after multiple consecutive guiding commands, I blame the "enhanced" handset. So with all the drawbacks, I tried to do align the mount as good as I could and I put the 72ED with the ASI1600 on it and a finder-guider. Perhaps also focus could have been done a bit better, FWHM in the subs was 3.x. Below is a quick process from last night, no deconvolution yet and a purple area at the bottom that I have to fix. 58x120s lum, 30x120s each RGB. Last version:
Hi, Sorry for the silly questions but I am trying to find out what the correct back focus should be for a Sky-watcher 72ed, I have searched high and low on the internet for a manual thinking this would tell me. I have a few CCD's but these have been used for planets using a CPC925, I have got a skyris 618m, ASI224mc, Alatir GPcam and a Alatir GPCAM 2 mono for guiding. I would like to try my 72ED with a ASI224MC and try some DSO imaging, when I tried to focus with the ASI I could not achieve focus. 1) Do I need a 50mm 2" extension for a DSLR and a 80mm 2" extension tube for a CCD. 2) Do I need a field flattener and a smaller extension tube if the flattener is used? 3) What would be a good CCD for imaging with a 72ed refractor? Any help or advice would be great Many thanks Craig
I went this weekend to my girlfriend's parents and I took my Skywatcher 72ED with me and the smaller AZ-EQ5. Fortunately, the skies are dark there. So, on 11/12 August I put all the stuff on the mount and took 130+ 60s subs with the Canon 550D. The result is a crop, towards the edges the stars are not perfect yet, but they're a bit better than in the past. I put some additional spacers to the universal flattener and increased the backfocus distance. The comet doesn't fill the frame anyway. Unfortunately, the animation doesn't really play ball, I will upload it somehow else later. Neither on the processed image I did the best job, I need to improve somehow in removing the artifacts on the comet-only image. However, this is what I got: