Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 7 CHAT THREAD

Kai

I forgot to give a big shout out to Tonyspektre & his missus. Hot cakes, fresh from the stove in the middle of the night - Fantastic - Thanks guys :-)

And thanks for sorting out the collimation on my scope too!

Great weekend spending time with nice people who names I don't know and faces I couldnt see :blob10:

Thanks for all the work organising Daz.

Allie - Nick I can't find your forum names. ...

Tone

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone involved in organising SGL7.

It was my first event and it was a great experience. I met some really nice people and picked up a wealth of information, and saw some spectacular views.

I didnt want to pick out individuals but I have to mention mdstuart, who helped show me what my 12" Dob can really achieve. I take my hat off to your sir for your knowledge and experience. Thanks for taking the time to share it with me.

Many thanks to everyone and I cant wait for the next one.

Hope you all enjoyed it as much as me.

Rapallokid.

That is is just oh, soooooo brilliant. Stonking. I'm glad I saw it on-site.

Thanks so much for all your help.:blob10:

Alexxx

Youre welcome!

Once youve learnt how to get that finderguider going, things will get easier (I promise!). The only thing you might want to try is trying to guide a lighter, shorter FL scope on that HEQ5 - just until youre familiar with the dark art of guiding, trying you guide an 8" for long subs with no prior experience would be frustrating for anybody :o

I got back a couple of hours ago, Ive already put my imaging setup back together ready for tonight..... a glutton for punishment!

Big shout for Lewis (Shibby) and John for letting me sample some of their rather wickedly strong Herefordshire cider, it certainly kept out the cold for a while!

Oh, and thanks to "he who snores" (lol), for showing me how to tighten up the clutch on my CG5 - ive just done it on mine and its done the trick.... splendid.

Had a brilliant time, the great weather was a bonus, some good skies, especiallyl on Sunday. Big thanks to all the organisers and to everyone who offered advice on set-ups, processing etc. Good to meet old mates and new. Quite a few images to process over next few days, but right now I am absolutely knackered. May just have to have a glass of something shortly to celebrate the event, and look forward to next time.

Allan

Just home after taking 5 hours to strip the tent down and get on the road. I REALLY need to rationalise what I take to these parties!

A big thank you to all of the team who planned this years party, it ran very smoothly and that Hog was awesome and the cafe breakfasts and dinners were the icing on the cake :blob10: Also a big thank you to the welcome every camper gave me when I was wandering around, it felt like I was talking to life long friends :o

At home, just unpacking it all again. Thanks to everyone - including Kev for helping me trouble shoot my EQ6 and align master.. tight stars last night when I point east.. so something's afoot once the scope gets to the cross over point for west!

Thanks to all that organised and attended :blob10:

Once again, I enjoyed it all so much (despite the runny nose - sorry if I passed it on to anyone!).

Thank you loads to all the brave souls who did the spade work beforehand. :blob10:

I loved it, loved it, loved it! :o

Youre welcome!

Once youve learnt how to get that finderguider going, things will get easier (I promise!). The only thing you might want to try is trying to guide a lighter, shorter FL scope on that HEQ5 - just until youre familiar with the dark art of guiding, trying you guide an 8" for long subs with no prior experience would be frustrating for anybody :o

Good advice. Now to borrow a scope! :blob10: I'll do a lot of research and give it another go. I'm so annoyed I didn't have time to take more pics of M51 on Friday night. They came out quite well, but I only got ten subs. I did do a couple of flats. The heat noise was 'orrible though and I had to get rid of it so my stack was a bit blue. I'll ask advice on the other section.

Hope to see you again soon!

post-14350-133877753651_thumb.jpg

Am so pleased you all had a great time!

If I did not get round to actually meeting you in person, my apologies!

Next year's planning has already started!!

Thanks again for all the hard work Daz. I had a great, relaxed time :blob10: Are you now back to work for a rest :p

Helen

PS it was good to see Tracy again and catch up on news of (not-so-) MiniDaz :o

PPS remind me next year that if I do the scope tour I must remember sunblock (I'm a bit pink!)

I'd also like to thank everyone who organised this fantastic event. Thanks to NickK, Pete, JonH, Reddross and Taliesin in particular for help, advice or general chat. Also have to emphasise how well Pete took the demise of his mount and was very impressed when he caught the 10inch newt when it flew off. I hope it is all repairable but if not this is an excellent excuse for a new scope!

Thoroughly enjoyed my first star party too! The weather was unbelievable, so still trying to recover from lack of sleep. Met some very nice people and got to look through some nice telescopes! Thanks so much to everyone involved in organising it!

I got back a couple of hours ago, Ive already put my imaging setup back together ready for tonight..... a glutton for punishment!

Big shout for Lewis (Shibby) and John for letting me sample some of their rather wickedly strong Herefordshire cider, it certainly kept out the cold for a while!

You're welcome Rob - thanks for the beer :blob10: Can't believe you were straight back out there again last night, I can barely function at all any more!

Big thanks to Daz and the rest of the team directly involved with the organisation of this wonderful event - Janie and I were made to fell very welcome and we had a great time.

Not all the organisation was good though - one of the speakers was 15 minutes late for his slot which is inexcusable :blob10:

I particularly enjoyed putting faces to forum members that I consider to be good friends of mine even though we've never met.

We did start to panic towards the end of the Hog Roast queue as the hog was rapidly disappearing into baps before our eyes but we needn't have worried, the food was fantastic.

I also like to thank Luke and Sarah for calling me over to see some wonderful sights through their 12" Dobsonian - I very much appreciated the opportunities!

Next year? Oh yes ........

Not all the organisation was good though - one of the speakers was 15 minutes late for his slot which is inexcusable :blob10:

It was worth the wait though! I for one very much enjoyed it... Sasha my wife enjoyed it too and is now taking an active interest, so it was financially a very good presentation to attend :o

I really enjoyed the event. The weather was a bonus and the cafe was great. Thanks to jonh for letting me do some solar observing through his PST. Also very impressed with the Solar images by photosbykev. It was nice to try out various eyepieces from reddos and to get to look through osteoblasts dobo. Every thing was going great Friday night, just shown Jan from Germaany M65/66 and then lovely Saturn when disaster struck. The cast fractured on my LXD75 mount and the 10" OTA dropped to the ground. It was a good thing it was only on grass. No damage to the tube but will have to get the mount repaired. Anyway - well organized especially the weather - thanks.

I just want to say, Paul and I had a fantastic time at our first star party! Everyone was so welcoming and gave lots of advise and help to get us going.

I want to particularly thank Mark (Osteoblast) Justin (Roddus) Nick (NicKK)

Kevin (Photosbykev) and Dave (Rowan46) for their help, advice and general company and making us feel very welcome at our first event!

A huge thank you to Daz and all involved for making this event such a success (The only thing I regret is not knowing about previous such events and hence missing out on them!) For us this will definitely be a regular event!

Thanks again to all!

The admins and mod team have spent a few months looking for a site which has a rally field with such a high percentage of EHU's and so far haven't managed to find one...

Peter...

Yes that is a tall order - it's not excatly small. Shame the other people there seemed too illiterate to read the notices posted in the toilets about us (I gather they were also told when booking). If I can put my tent up in the dark why can't they??? :blob10:

Just wondering how easy it would be to apply pressure on them to give over all of the site apart from the seasonal pitches - there can't be many sites that were as full as we made their's last weekend.

PS didn't manage to catch you while passing but saw the car... nice! (but I'd never get my scope in one of those)

Archived