SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 7 CHAT THREAD

Kai

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and the gf were thinking of wearing animal jumpsuits to stand out but I convinced her otherwise :)

Would any of you kind souls mind checking my collimation? I think i've mastered the murky art of it but no doubt one of you'll look through my scope and state it's out!! Using a cheshire at the mo and I find the focusing arm wobble/slack a little frustrating to decide what is dead centre :)

Hi all

Question - who else is taking kids ? Mine are 10 and 8. don;t wsant them to be on their own. ..

Second question - Who do I notify if I expect to be coming in around 6pm ? The campsite website implies dire consequences for arrival after 6.. Never mind the astronomers.

cheers

Mike

My kids will be there Mike, all three of 'em!

I got home from work today and the Mrs says "promise you wont go mad?"........always a worry!

I go into the lounge and there's at least another trailers worth of stuff to go in the already full trailer. This was supposed to be a simple weekend away :)

Should arrive just after lunch tomorrow all being well.

I know I have said it already, but I will say it again, everyone welcome to come over for a chat or for help advice etc, but please please please don't try to stroke or talk to my dogs. They'll be leashed and muzzled as necessary, but they just aren't trained to be friendly to strangers. Thanks!

See you there!

Tim

Looking forward to tomorrow

Here, about 50 miles SE of Lucksall as the crow flies, we have stars but it's also hazy / milky in large patches. M95 and the supernova would not be an option at the moment. Mars looks great though - nice surface detail showing even with my 4" refractor :)

Nice one wassoupy here most of the night. All packed and just doing a double check, trailer indicator bulb just stopped working, this was testedthe other day. Once thats sorted Im off.

Catcha later

Phil

Had a great night last night - found 31 Messiers (just with a Telrad) before the weather persuaded me to call it a night at abut 3:30.

I can recommend the bacon butties :)

Entropystar - you're next to me, so come and say Hi. I've got a dob too and lots of cake so sounds like we'll get on well!!

Helen

Had a great night last night - found 31 Messiers (just with a Telrad) before the weather persuaded me to call it a night at abut 3:30.

I can recommend the bacon butties :)

That all sounds great Helen. Hope to meet up again later today :)

You must have had a better night than I did - too hazy last night for DSO hunting here ;)

Hi...will be coming to SGL7 tomorrow night and this is my first star party so does anyone have any advice for someone driving in during the night? Do we go directly to the pitch and do we have to turn off our lights?

Yesterday night was beautiful...am real gutted to have missed it and hope we have clear skies tommorrow and saturday!

Archived