Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 7 CHAT THREAD

Kai

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that's 3 bottles of single malt bought and packed, a nice bottle of consistent 10yr old Jura, a Bowmore Islay which is a new one for me, Bowmore has won best distillery several times so worth a try and finally a nice 12yr old Old Putney. Next to pack is astro gear, only 1 day to go.

Bowmore is the balanced flavour.

Ardbeg is the intense flavour.

Bruichladdich also worthy of a mention as they're also good.

ooer, scones my favorite, enough to make the jaffa cake brigade mucho jealous.:);)

Yes we are going to be having a comparison between the ages old question.....

Devon or Cornish cream tea.....which one is best ???

Forgive me if asking a stupidly naive question...first star party and all..

How do people get talking to each other? Just wander up to each other with their scopes or get invited over.

I'll be there with my gf and 10" dob and really looking forward to meeting some new people etc...

Hopefully the weather will hold out for us this weekend! We'll be travelling up Friday morning...

How do people get talking to each other? Just wander up to each other with their scopes or get invited over.

I'll be there with my gf and 10" dob and really looking forward to meeting some new people etc...

Hopefully the weather will hold out for us this weekend! We'll be travelling up Friday morning...

I've only been to one party, but I found the wandering up and saying hello works well :)

Just remember the etiquette of don't touch until offered (scopes that is!)

I did wonder if it was the old skool method of actually saying hello and wandering over!! I've had a few uneasy nights trying out local astonomy groups who basically leave you hanging there all night and don't make the effort!

It's all good :-)

Does this mean I have to convince my OH (she's a cake maker) to get on some baking? Bribe you all with cakes laced with something ;-)

Just wander up and say hello! People expect it!

There is some opinion that we could feed the ducks oranges and turn the hog roast into a duck roast :)

Archived