Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astro Panel 2.0 released! (Android App)

Shibby

Well, 7Timer is working again and I've just had my first look at the app.

I have to say, it's brilliant. It's great to have everything accessible in one place.

If I was to ask for one thing to complete it (for me anyway), I would love something like Polar Finder on there as well, but I don't know how possible (or how much work!), that would be.

Thanks again Lewis (and for your generosity in providing it for free!)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It stopped working on my Android phone HTC, the data feed issue so I uninstalled it thinking my phone was at fault . So maybe might try it again. Thing is I have never found it to be that accurate so not sure if I would miss it.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, thanks for all your comments!

There is a server-side problem with 7Timer at the moment; I've been in touch with the developer and administrator. At the moment, they're having to manually update it until they've worked out a permanent fix.

By the way, I've had an update in the pipeline for a while now. The main change is improved reliability of the alerts, which (as I'm sure you've noticed) rarely work!

AP has been crashing out on my SGS3 for the last two days.   It attempts to connect and download the 7timer data, then the screen seems to part zoom before the Android debbuger comes up and offers the report or acknowledge option.    I have tried a couple of restarts on the phone, but the issue is still persisting.

I suspect this is further 7timer data connection problems, but worth a post to see if I'm struggling alone!

AP has been crashing out on my SGS3 for the last two days..........worth a post to see if I'm struggling alone!

Exact same issue on my Sony Xperia J over the last 2 days, so appears to be 7Timer issues as you say.

I think in the next release I'll catch the parsing exceptions and display a friendly message that shuns the blame :)

I've heard from the server admins again - it's something to do with the firewall interfering with the import...

I think in the next release I'll catch the parsing exceptions and display a friendly message that shuns the blame :)

I've heard from the server admins again - it's something to do with the firewall interfering with the import...

Thanks Shibby - great plan!

Is this the 'Great Firewall of China'?

• 2 months later...

Archived