SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astro Panel 2.0 released! (Android App)

Shibby

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure this not the right forum to air such views what has this to do with astronomy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Agreed ! But it is nice to know :-)

Just be careful or this thread will end up being locked

Was it back up for a while?? I've emailed the chap again, but there's only so many times I can nag! I've been told that the observatory are planning on buying new servers soon so hopefully these issues will be a thing of the past eventually.

• 2 months later...

Shibby, I had Astro Panel working a week ago - but now it Keeps giving the error: "Problem downloding data feed". I have no problem with my system. Everything else works fine. I have installed it on my Samsung Galaxy slll and my Toshiba AT105/32GB. both with the same error when connected to either WIFI or 4GLTE??

Tom

If you would like a FREE Leaflet from the Stardate Programe you can obtain it here https://css2.open.ac.uk/outis/1alight/(htk2sq552zuwsmaxebq3ztqi)/o1ayourrqst.aspx?CATCODE=OZST there really nice, i got one from the Mars programe and Venus transit well worth 5 mins of your time.

James :)

You are quite correct. This is the first time in days that it is working for me, and I checked it 2 hours ago!

• 4 months later...

Uninstalled and reinstalled but getting the "Sorry!" message asking me if my data is on...which obviously it is! (4g and Wi-Fi). Happens ever time I load it up, tried uninstall/reinstall 3 times now.

Any help much appreciated, HTC One

Despite having a really good phone signal in the middle of the Brecon Beacons (which is quite unusual), I  also got the 'sorry' message when I tried to use it at the SGL South Wales Observers Group star party last weekend.  Shame, as has be said above, because it's a very good piece of software when it works. 

Hi All,

I can only apologise for the delay in response. Unfortunately the 7Timer service has been proving very unreliable, at least the DNS has been.

You may be pleased to hear I've just published an update to the app so that it now falls back to IP address access to the 7Timer API if the DNS lookup fails. This means, at least it seems, that the app is working once again.

I've also made changes to the clear sky alerts; they should now be much more reliable on a wider range of devices.

It'll probably take a couple of hourse before the update propagates throughout the Play Store, so please keep checking.

Thanks for the patience!

Hi All,

I can only apologise for the delay in response. Unfortunately the 7Timer service has been proving very unreliable, at least the DNS has been.

You may be pleased to hear I've just published an update to the app so that it now falls back to IP address access to the 7Timer API if the DNS lookup fails. This means, at least it seems, that the app is working once again.

I've also made changes to the clear sky alerts; they should now be much more reliable on a wider range of devices.

It'll probably take a couple of hourse before the update propagates throughout the Play Store, so please keep checking.

Thanks for the patience!

Yes mine is working just fine now.

Many Thanks.

Archived