Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_nb_dso.jpg.eb6cd158659331fd13e71470af6da381.jpg

Shibby

Astro Panel 2.0 released! (Android App)

Shibby    414

Hi guys,

I've just completed a brand new version of "Astro Panel", my Android-based astronomy forecast app.

Please update/download. Oh, and if you haven't already, please review, rate and "+1" the app. Thanks :)

I've made use of 7Timer's new data API to produce an new version with shiny new HD graphics. I've also added new features, such as moon phases, tapping icons for key, and the "overview" graphic which gives you an estimated image of the sky.

I hope you like it and find it useful. Here's some screenshots:

post-17708-133877673141_thumb.png

post-17708-133877673165_thumb.png

post-17708-133877673174_thumb.png

• Like 2

ismangil    42

Excellent update. My top wish granted - understanding what the symbols meant!

Looks gorgeous on my Galaxy Tab 7"

I'll be sure to rate it

Alan_B    40

Shibby - Just noticed your new thread so will post again

Works fine on my Nexus One - Any chance of a "move to SD card" I'm getting pretty low on memory

5 *****'s

stev74    145

Hi shibby,

I've been using your old app for a while and It's great, I will definitely update to the new version! Thanks for all the hard work!! :-)

Cheers

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

atharh    10

Hi,

Downloaded it on my Desire HD and it works perfectly.

Fantastic update to one of my favourite apps.

Couple of feature requests:

1) ability to store a location. For example I'd like to check weather at my home site while at work

2) ability to check weather at a certain time and notify you if it's gonna be clear. (I.e. An hour before sunset).

thanks and keep up the great work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Miktor    11

I can't seem to find it on my wildfire. Isn't it available to low end android phones? I've had that problem before, but this app doesn't look like one that couldn't be used on a low end phone.

Shibby    414

Thanks very much for the feedback guys, all taken on board for the next update :)

I can't seem to find it on my wildfire. Isn't it available to low end android phones? I've had that problem before, but this app doesn't look like one that couldn't be used on a low end phone.

Oops, looks like I have left out the directive that allows smaller screens to download, even though I have tested on smaller screens and it works well! I will soon release an update, the app should then become visible for you.

Hi Shibby is it not on the i-phone apps I cant find it :)

Yeah, sorry - no iPhone version.

Shibby    414
Would it be possible for the moon phase to be visual as well as a percentage, Shibby?

Don't you see the moon phase graphics Gaz, as in the screenshots? Or have I misunderstood you?

this is odd, can't seem to be able to download the update :)

Maybe you have the old old version, which is now removed? Try uninstalling then downloading "Astro Panel" again...

GazOC    22

They all look full moons to me Shibby but, thinking about it, theres every chance thats just a combination of my iffy eyes and the fact Moon is approaching full at the moment.

GazOC    22
You can zoom in by touching the moon Gaz.

Cheers!! Ignore me Shibby, now wheres that "embarrassed" smilie??:)

Gonzo    194
Try uninstalling then downloading "Astro Panel" again...

That did it, thanks

Miktor    11

Oops, looks like I have left out the directive that allows smaller screens to download, even though I have tested on smaller screens and it works well! I will soon release an update, the app should then become visible for you.

Awesome. I assume that you will make a post, when you release the next version.

Works great on my Atrix. +1 the app

It also shows the correct temp as in the past everytime I used 7timer's sig it would always show the temp as 28degc even when the temps where -9 outside.

Thanks