Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Uranus + moons..!

Kokatha man

If I knew how to edit posts I wouldn't bother making a new thread for this...but I think once you've edited a post you can't re-edit....?

I'll place 2 images here - an "enhanced" version of the last image I posted in the other current thread of mine which also shows Uranus at 2 scales...and one where I've used the false colour image with 4 of Uranus' moons which were imaged 62 minutes earlier by us for orientation purposes.

This ISN'T the image of Uranus which reveals the storm feature at the start of that thread but the image taken the night before which although has no storm on display (it was around the other side of the planet) DOES show the banding details quite nicely imho...as said I enhanced further this image from when I posted it down half a dozen posts in the other thread.

As no specific details are to be seen on Uranus except the belts/zones I thought it acceptable to utilise the moon images from the hour earlier image (ie, no rotation of the planet would be revealed in the image anyway...)

Being a bit of a romantic (as well as a hard-bitten planetary imager always searching for maximum resolution! :) ) I thought SGL folks might like to see it along with the further-enhanced mono & false colour images.

Incidentally false colour images are easy to generate in CS4 etc because the iR610nM is seen in software as a 16Bits/channel rgb image - probably not surprising as it is actually an RG610 longpass filter.....meaning I can alter the r-g-b colour balance in P/shop and create the colours: other filters were used to enhance the planet's banding also.

The moons are from top to bottom Oberon, Ariel, Umbriel & Titania. :)

post-3551-0-53306600-1412595808.png

post-3551-0-60761900-1412595824.png

Thanks very much Ian, Chris, James, Steve, b/w, TT, Ruud, Stuart, Chris, Simmo, Simon & Dave - Pat & I are quite chuffed that you like this image! :)

As I said elsewhere it's nice to have a new target with this filter...especially as Mars & Saturn have just about "gone" and Jupiter will take some more time before any decent imaging opportunities arise! :)

Thanks also Pete! :smiley:

I'm really still finding my way with Uranus - focusing & processing are  challenging not to mention those incredibly fast frame-rate acquisitions..10 to 15fps! :laugh:

Hoping to do some more imaging in the next couple of days but SGL readers will have to excuse me posting what I think is a slight improvement to the images at the start of this thread (which includes some text this time also)

Uranus really does require quite a different approach to process successfully! :icon_scratch:

post-3551-0-55602400-1412729056.png

post-3551-0-83321700-1412729163.png

These are tremendous images of this distant world Darryl. A pleasure to view - love the banding  - amazing work!

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived