Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi From S Oxon.

TheDove

Well here goes leaping into the darkness of space as a complete astro newbie!

Nice to meet you all I hope !

Of course since I acquired my scope (Skywatcher Evostar 90 - your thoughts appreciated) about a week ago the clouds have been dense and thick all night long - can't even see the moon:mad:

Cheers !

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course since I acquired my scope (Skywatcher Evostar 90 - your thoughts appreciated) about a week ago the clouds have been dense and thick all night long - can't even see the moon:mad:

Ah, so it's your scope that's done it - being South Oxon resident myself (Didcot) I can vouch for the grotty weather recently :)

BTW, the Abingdon Astro Society is worth going to - there is even a beginners meeting this evening : Abingdon Astronomical Society 2006/2007 Programme

[Edit] - that really is a link to the 2010/2011 program, just that the page title is wrong [/edit]

Robin

And welcome too from yet another South Oxfordshire resident!

I'm in the same boat - had the scope for a month and managed to get outside about three times! I'll be off to the beginners meet at the Abingdon Astronomical Society tonight so if anyone from here is also going then please do come and say hello. (I'll be wearing a Lotus Motorsport jacket.)

Ian

Archived