Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL5

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I put myself down for this ages ago, but don't know if I mentioned that I would want leccy.

Going to hire a campervan, or maybe a van (Astrobaby-style!). :)

I might be able to persuade Nicnac to come along...

Can I say tentative - are there any chalets to hire or a bed and breakfast nearby or something ? Dont fancy a tent in April.

My saviour at SGL4 was a fake fur throw! It was a lifesaver. I wandered about the site late at night with it wrapped about me. I'm sure it kept hypothermia at bay! :) Wonderful! Kingsize mind you!!

As Nick says heating's the way to go. I got a small heater for Christmas which is a lifesaver... well, except at Kielder last March when the temperature was around -6 C and the leccy got cut off :)

SGL4 was nice and toasty for me :grin:

James

I was absolutely freezing when I turned in at SGL4 and didn't get much warmer when I tucked myself into my sleeping bag. It was the 1st time I'd camped for about 20 years ...... so more layers for me at SGL5 both underneath and on top - unless I chicken out and bring the caravan next time :)

John

SGL4 wasnt too cold.. but then the friday night was alcohol warmed under a patchy sky and I was tucked up by 2 on the saturday night still nursing my all day hang over...

note to self: dont try and image with a hang over - makes all kinds of things 'not right'

Archived