Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

I want to look through a huge Dob at SGL5 :icon_salut: You've all got prior warning now :cool:

Definition of huge?

Good friend of mine has just acquired a 30" truss dob. You need an oxygen mask when climbing the step ladder!! I so cannot wait for a peek through it.....

well, I was thinking anything 10" plus... I think I might possibly faint if I saw a 30"! Let us know what the views are like through it... I bet they will be (literally) out of this world

Amanda

I would be interested in a pitch for SGL5 too :)

I take it the pitching area for tents has access to electric hookup as well? Could be a bit chilly in April under canvas

Alan

I would be interested in a pitch for SGL5 too :)

I take it the pitching area for tents has access to electric hookup as well? Could be a bit chilly in April under canvas

Alan

Love camping in the winter, was in the lakes and tent went down to -10C :)

Um, silly question really, but were abouts is the campsite? (bit more detail than Lucksall, Herefordshire if possible please)?

Thank you kindly,

Cheers Steve. The link to the campsite web is perfect. I'm ashamed to admit that I had no idea Herefordshire was sort of South Wales way until I pulled up their map!

I'd probably be interested in coming, just a maybe at the mo. It's near the end of my holiday year so have to see how much I've got spare.

Just be me and a tent - Mrs TheThing and Little TheThing wont camp so early in the year!

I would definitely like to go. I've had a great time at Kielder the last couple of years (and hope to go this year) so would like to try out some other star parties too.

And Alas Mr and Mrs Astrotiger must also decline.

We have an astrocub due around then.

Perhaps the next one :-(

Well I'll tentatively put my name down for my 1st ever star party.:)

I've got a niggling feeling there is something on around then but if it doesn't clash (and the budget will stretch to camping gear after all the money I've been spending on my scope) I'll be there.:)

I'd love to come - please add my name to the list !.

John

Me + 1 pos 2 are up for this meet

can we have electric hook up is pos please

Btw when are you taking bookings for this Daz?

After the brilliant SSP...yup, I'm up for this one too...

me + eleccy pitch, small tent (easy to put up....bugga to get down...lol)

Put us down for it too please, me, Amanda and Nelson of course!....elec hookup too.

At this stage, I don't know how work will be next year, but I might as well look on the brightside and assume I can make it :)

Cheers

Rob

... I'm ashamed to admit that I had no idea Herefordshire was sort of South Wales way until I pulled up their map!

You'll get lynched by the locals if you call Herefordshire Wales. This begs the question, where did you think it was?

Put me down for this one :)

Forgot to mention electric hook up for me this time please.

Count me in too, will come with the 'Boss' and park caravan near toilet as l did this year.

Old Codger

Count me in too. Will come with the 'Boss' and park caravan near toilets as I did this year.:):grin:

That's a shame Richie :)

Then again, as Hereford is the home of the SAS I'd be worried they'd drop in for a look at your beer can launching system...

James

Yup...you will be missed Richie..was going to bring the deep sky rig down for this one too..