Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL5

Hi,

Just registered interest for Thur through Sun.

It'll be the first star party for this newbie, as well as one of my infrequent :) visits to the UK - can't wait ;)!

daz, will you and the other organizers be needing volunteers for the catering/marshalling/cleanup?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul,

Yes, we'd love to see you on your return!

We're just finalising a note which will include all the details of how the Starparty will work - it'll answer all the questions you've asked (ans a few you haven't thought of yet!). Watch this space...

Helen

Hi everyone, its been a while since I've been on the forum, been very very busy with work, credit crunch has hit us hard. Anyhow, I remember my wife, Claire (Shaula) registering for SGL5 a few months ago using the online forms via the shop. However, we are unsure how many days etc we registered for.

Is there anyway details of whom has registered and for what days etc can be pubished on the site so everyone can remember what they originally registered for ???

Many Thanks

Neil

Hi everyone, its been a while since I've been on the forum, been very very busy with work, credit crunch has hit us hard. Anyhow, I remember my wife, Claire (Shaula) registering for SGL5 a few months ago using the online forms via the shop. However, we are unsure how many days etc we registered for.

Is there anyway details of whom has registered and for what days etc can be pubished on the site so everyone can remember what they originally registered for ???

Many Thanks

Neil

Neil here are the details Claire registered for.

Username: Shaula

--------------------------------------------------

Number of People: 2

Extra Days: Thursday & Sunday Night

Electric Hookup: Yes

Share Electric Hookup: Yes

Share Pitch: No

Talks/Presentations: Yes

Hi Paul,

Yes, we'd love to see you on your return!

We're just finalising a note which will include all the details of how the Starparty will work - it'll answer all the questions you've asked (ans a few you haven't thought of yet!). Watch this space...

Helen

That sounds great Helen. Thank you for your reply.....there are always more questions than answers :)

Hello Paul. Its good to know that someone else from Hereford will be going to SGL5. Not sure if you are a member of Herefordshire Astro Society but if you would like to meet up we have a meeting on this Thursday at the Kindle Centre next to Asda starting at 7.00pm.

Come along and introduce yourself.

Send me a message if you want further details.

mark

Hello Mark.....yes another Herefordian.....i'm back from Mexico just prior to SGL5 and would really like to attend particularly as will literally be only a 10 minute drive away!

I wish I had returned to this thread prior to Thursday now as I would have loved to have joined you at the Hfds Astro Society meeting.

I would really appreciate details for future meetings please Mark.

I am very much in the newbie category and will be purchasing my first scope (Skywatcher Explorer 150P) hopefully this weekend,

Paul

Hi everyone, it sounds from this thread that theres gonna be alot of people atending this star party and alot of star party virgins like me and my wife last year.

Will there be enough electric to go around all of us? (we are still happy to share electric with people)

Cheers

Neil

Will there be enough electric to go around all of us?

Based on the number of people who have expressed an interest and indicated they need an electric pitch .... the answer is "yes, there are enough".

We will be starting registration and taking payments in the next two or three weeks.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Archived