Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL5

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I missed the talks at SSP too...would like to have got to know a little more about how to observe our nearest star!:) Would be great if we could have a play with your kit, Nick!:)

.....I was at SGL4, Neil...I don't remember any talks:icon_scratch: or was I just too hung over from the night before?:)

Stef

It wasn't a 'talk' as such... Rob kindly agreed to show me his processing routines, and a few others decided to join us, so we ended up with a workshop in the tea tent! And it was really good:D I think Rob learnt a few tricks too as people started sharing alternative ways of doing things.

Helen

It wasn't a 'talk' as such... Rob kindly agreed to show me his processing routines, and a few others decided to join us, so we ended up with a workshop in the tea tent! And it was really good:D I think Rob learnt a few tricks too as people started sharing alternative ways of doing things.

Helen

I really enjoyed Rob's mini workshop and I picked up loads of useful pointers.

I keep getting drawn to this thread like a moth to a candle.

I've never done a Star Party before, being a bit of a loner in astronomy, so would be slightly concerned about being a bit of a 'spare part' while there? (I can be a bit shy, in person). I would be coming on my own as SWMBO isn't interested and wont camp o/s the summer months.

I've very tempted to come though, as I'm sure I would reap huge benefits from seeing other people observe and talking to folks.

I'd like to be considered as a tentative if I may please? I'd probably need leccy as hopefully I'll have a LPI by then!

We dont bite... well, not often! The first star party I went to was kelling Spring 2007, and I didnt know anyone at all. Yep I felt a bit nervous before I went, but once there, I had no such problems.

Going to SGL5 will be even less of a problem, as you already know people online (and they know you). We are all there for the same reason, to enjoy ourselves and hopefully get a clear night or two.

I am a "loner" astronomer when I am at home, and enjoy the solitary part of the hobby, just me and my kit in the garden, but when it comes to star parties with friends, I wouldnt miss them for the world!

Here here...

Case in point, Steve and I were at PM's last year for his Star Party, and the atmosphere and people there were great. SSP was one of the nicest crowds of people I can recall meeting, and we had a real laugh.. they are something not to be missed (he says after just forking out for in tent heaters...eleccy hook-ups, spare car battery, better sleeping bag...)

Archived