Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

Can we put our hands up for this please :)

2 plus dog and leccie please.

colin

I missed the talks at SSP too...would like to have got to know a little more about how to observe our nearest star!:) Would be great if we could have a play with your kit, Nick!:)

.....I was at SGL4, Neil...I don't remember any talks:icon_scratch: or was I just too hung over from the night before?:)

Stef

It wasn't a 'talk' as such... Rob kindly agreed to show me his processing routines, and a few others decided to join us, so we ended up with a workshop in the tea tent! And it was really good:D I think Rob learnt a few tricks too as people started sharing alternative ways of doing things.

Helen

That's what I found with Richie also, some great processing ideas banding about.

On the subject of talks at SGL5, my next door neighbour runs an AV equipment hire company. I'm sure if SGL5 wanted a large screen (40" say) for showing computer displays for talks I feel sure we hire the kit at a very reasonable rate.

It wasn't a 'talk' as such... Rob kindly agreed to show me his processing routines, and a few others decided to join us, so we ended up with a workshop in the tea tent! And it was really good:D I think Rob learnt a few tricks too as people started sharing alternative ways of doing things.

Helen

I really enjoyed Rob's mini workshop and I picked up loads of useful pointers.

I keep getting drawn to this thread like a moth to a candle.

I've never done a Star Party before, being a bit of a loner in astronomy, so would be slightly concerned about being a bit of a 'spare part' while there? (I can be a bit shy, in person). I would be coming on my own as SWMBO isn't interested and wont camp o/s the summer months.

I've very tempted to come though, as I'm sure I would reap huge benefits from seeing other people observe and talking to folks.

I'd like to be considered as a tentative if I may please? I'd probably need leccy as hopefully I'll have a LPI by then!

We dont bite... well, not often! The first star party I went to was kelling Spring 2007, and I didnt know anyone at all. Yep I felt a bit nervous before I went, but once there, I had no such problems.

Going to SGL5 will be even less of a problem, as you already know people online (and they know you). We are all there for the same reason, to enjoy ourselves and hopefully get a clear night or two.

I am a "loner" astronomer when I am at home, and enjoy the solitary part of the hobby, just me and my kit in the garden, but when it comes to star parties with friends, I wouldnt miss them for the world!

Here here...

Case in point, Steve and I were at PM's last year for his Star Party, and the atmosphere and people there were great. SSP was one of the nicest crowds of people I can recall meeting, and we had a real laugh.. they are something not to be missed (he says after just forking out for in tent heaters...eleccy hook-ups, spare car battery, better sleeping bag...)

Cheers gents. I'll be coming then.

Anyone in the Surrey area want to share a lift (I don't mind driving - company car and all that)?

Muhaha! Fresh blood...

wait... did I just type that out loud? :)

Gulp!

I'll be the timid one in the corner with black rings round my eys from looking thru joke EPs, one eyebrow and gaffer taped to a tree!

Don't forget the sacrificial goat Steve....

:-)

Got it: -

Scope - Check

EPs - Check

Tent - Check

Otter - Otter?!?

And I believe that was posted the day before September's Kelling event last year... the legend of the otter should be passed down through the generations.

Sorry, back on topic now...

I would love to come too; electric would be preferable but can manage without at a push

Yay! SWMBO has agreed to let me free that w/end! I'm a definite!

I'm booking a pitch near the Loo same as this year

Fight you for it. :o

Mike