Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL5

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blimey, I have just had a quick scamper through this thread and already there are 90-100 people wanting to attend! This is going to be a blast :D

Daz, your catering team are going to need more pots!

I know. I've got the chilli on already!!!

I've just found out that due to the new company I work for having fixed holidays throughout the year I only have a week that I can take when I want it.

I was under the impression that the fixed holiday thing woasn't actually going to happen next year, but it is!!!

So.... it looks like I can either do SGL5 or Autumn Kelling 2010.

What a dilema!!! :D

Ant

aaah good man...

Marshmallows and mulled wine and in a combo with marshmallows you cant go wrong!!...this sounds so civilised. We can raise a toast to your forthcoming wedding Dave..

Wehey! i love mulled wine and in a combo with marshmallows you cant go wrong!! :D cheers mate!

Hey NickH, Your talk at SSP was really informative for the likes of me not knowing too much about Solar astronomy etc although sitting at the back I found it difficult at times to hear you however, I was wondering if you will be giving any talks at SGL5 and if so what will the subject be on???

cheers

Neil

Neil, first of all, thank you, and I am sorry I could not be heard at the back at SSP.

SLG5 I would be more than happy to give more of a practical hands on on solar modding and imaging.. hopefully if the clouds play ball this time. I'll also try to remember to bring the old PST case, so I can run through the process of the mod start to finish.. and this time I will loan out some of the other solar scopes for people to play with. Clouds and general conditions stopped it as SSP

As far as formal talks go not sure if people want that, SGL5/SGL star party is a new thing for me, but thank you for the kind words

Neil, first of all, thank you, and I am sorry I could not be heard at the back at SSP.

SLG5 I would be more than happy to give more of a practical hands on on solar modding and imaging.. hopefully if the clouds play ball this time. I'll also try to remember to bring the old PST case, so I can run through the process of the mod start to finish.. and this time I will loan out some of the other solar scopes for people to play with. Clouds and general conditions stopped it as SSP

As far as formal talks go not sure if people want that, SGL5/SGL star party is a new thing for me, but thank you for the kind words

Sounds good Nick, at SGL4 they had a couple of talks on the saturday so I'm sure someone from the site may contact to nearer the time to give a talk at SGL5 or maybe you could contact the site organiser.

cheers

Neil

I've just found out that due to the new company I work for having fixed holidays throughout the year I only have a week that I can take when I want it.

I was under the impression that the fixed holiday thing woasn't actually going to happen next year, but it is!!!

So.... it looks like I can either do SGL5 or Autumn Kelling 2010.

What a dilema!!! :(

Ant

Just make a decision as to which one you would like to go to,

to recuperate from the horrid sickness you will have.:D

Ron.:)

I missed the talks at SSP too...would like to have got to know a little more about how to observe our nearest star!:D Would be great if we could have a play with your kit, Nick!:)

.....I was at SGL4, Neil...I don't remember any talks:icon_scratch: or was I just too hung over from the night before?:(

Stef

Archived