Narrowband

SGL5

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just clicked and registered my interest:)......Like this whole registration business, it's a bit more flash than the days of SGL4:p....Starting to count the days..:D

Oooh, btw, I've registered for 4 people, just in case the family want to come. What should I do about the possibility of kids from my school coming?

Stef

I've never been to a star party, but have always wanted too - so I've got my name down. I've booked for 2, as the wife says she would love to come, but I do know that when it comes to April in a tent she will suddenly remember there was something else she had to do lol.....so i'll probably be coming on my own.

ALL

PLEASE remember that this is a registration of interest - this will enable me to go to the campsite with a very good idea of numbers to negotiate a good price.

That said, we'll be able to convert the registrations into booking forms when it comes to wanting cash from you!!!

Stef, I think the best thing is just to drop me a PM with potential numbers and I'll add that to the mix.

180 days is not very long!!! ;):) :)

I have never been any type of star party so ......

What's it like trying to get a place. Is it a mad fight for a spot or will I get my spot no probs ??

Lookin forward to it that's all and do not want to miss out!

Teddy

I've never even thought of going to a star party before, but I've got to say you've all sparked an interest here... :) so, really stupid questions coming up -

- I'm guessing you have to provide your own tent?

- is it just for the forum or is the forum booking pitches on a party organised by someone else?

- the form mentions electric hook-up - does that mean for people in the tent, or the scopes ;)

Yup - you'll need a tent or a camper

Nope this party is organised by Stargazers Lounge itself

Both, if you want any mains electricity you'll need a hookup. A special cable is needed (available from any camping store, on-line or high street) as the plugs and sockets are uniquely designed to protect against moisture and shorting.

However, if you only need a bit of lecce (e.g. to recharge a power pack) you may be able to plug into a neighbour's system. Just keep watching this thread and you should be able to find a lecce 'partner'.

Dana

Thanks - well I'd need to at least plug a kettle in - unless tea's provided? ;) - priorities! It's very tempting, I think I know of a tent I could borrow, will see if I can find a stargazing buddy to bring along. Does all the equipment get stored somewhere or do you have to bring a tent big enough for the scopes?

Thanks - well I'd need to at least plug a kettle in - unless tea's provided? ;) - priorities! It's very tempting, I think I know of a tent I could borrow, will see if I can find a stargazing buddy to bring along. Does all the equipment get stored somewhere or do you have to bring a tent big enough for the scopes?

Either store your scope in your tent or in your car. Some people cover there scopes over with weather proof tarps and leave them out.

I'd very much like to attend this if I'm welcome, I'll have to buy telescope, mount, tent and car insurance at least though so can't commit. ;)

You don't need to buy a scope or mount if you don't already have one! There will be plenty of scopes available for you to look through....

The tent and car insurance is down to you I'm afraid!!

There will be a hospitality tent/area which will have tea and coffee available to all.

This star party is being organised by SGL for SGL members. We are not trespassing on anybody else's star party!

Archived