Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

If you went back to just 1 scope, what would it be?

Alan White

30 minutes ago, Saganite said:

I could of course mount the FC100 on the f15 as a 'super finder'. That would count as one scope Alan surely....:grin:

You could, but that would be a Super Expensive finder as well!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have found that is cheaper (and more stylish) to cover all your different targets, by acquiring more scopes than eyepieces...

Anyway, having four scopes at the moment, if I was forced to choose one, it would be the ED120.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gina said:

I tried a x3 Barlow but Jupiter was still just a white dot.

Was that with a camera or visual? 3000mm effective focal length should be enough to see some detail, I get plenty with 740mm visually in the Tak.

I'll stick with my 12inch f4 orion UK newtonian. It's the best scope I've had. I've had meade 10 and 12inch, 6 and 10inch newtonian  in the past. I've also a lunt 60mm and a 70mm ed frac but the 12inch f4 is my favourite and won't be changing that. 

Edited by Nigella Bryant
  • Like 2

Good q. I have C11, C9.25, Tak FS60, FC76, FS102, WO 66, 6-inch Newt and a few others.But I’d keep the FS102. A great all rounder scope suitable for visual at high powers (planets) and widefield, plus a great imaging scope. I’d be really happy with that. What’s not to like?

• Like 4

I have always thought about only keeping one scope,and what would be a good all rounder,probably what answers my question is... out of all the scopes i have owned inc,8" and 12" sct,10" and 8"newts and other smaller scopes,my 12" O.O f5.3 with ultra grade primary has stayed the longest.

Edited by paul mc c
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Stu said:

Was that with a camera or visual? 3000mm effective focal length should be enough to see some detail, I get plenty with 740mm visually in the Tak.

Visual.

11 hours ago, Ags said:

Go back to just one scope? The question doesn't make sense to me. It's like going back to just one eyepiece 😃

1 hour ago, sloz1664 said:

That's the next new post :)

You both asked so nicely 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would probably plump for my Baader 8-24mm Zoom. It may not be the best Ep I've got, but with 17 focal lengths built in and really very good quality views throughout the range it would be my one to keep. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Challen said:

I would keep my Skylight, to with with my Zeiss 25H in the other 'one only' thread. And I would only have one mount too.

Now that's an idea for another thread.........

I will resist, I will resist, I will.....

• Like 1

Having pondered my present fleet of scopes more overnight,
I have changed my thoughts slightly.

I would as the one and only have a 10" Dobsonian, for ease of use and its ability to please enough.
This 10" would be my OOUK 10" 1/6 wave but reworked as dobs are to my liking.