Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

My ethos case :) To be fair there is also a Nagler 31mm, couple of 2" powermates (2x, 4x), a televue 2" diagonal and finally 4 Astronomik 2" visual filters in there too.

Chris

Let me guess that is my old 31t5 :headbang:

Very nice, not sure they are quite worth a peli case, i am yet to put the through the paces but they will prob come to dark sites and public evenings with me

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

DSC00365.JPG

Pictured:

32mm Celestron Omni Plossl

25mm Orion Sirius Plossl

10mm Orion Sirius Plossl

11mm TeleVue Nagler

3.5mm TeleVue Nagler

Orion Ultrascopic FMC 3-Element 2X Barlow

Orion Variable Polarizing Moon Filter

Redbeam II flashlight

Hotech Laser Collimator (crosshair laser)

Generic Cheshire

Eyepatch ;)

I only bought my scope at the beginning of March! :D

I'm thinking of selling the Sirius Plossls now and trying to find a quality wide-angle 6mm EP second hand. There is a Radian on the bay right now - but the price just breached my limit :)

With that, and a Telrad/Rigel style finder I think I'll be finished spending for quite a while!

my case is work in progress, new foam just been ordered, been shuffling my ep`s, sold some bought some and need one more BST hope to order that tomorrow

Sorry to intrude on the thread, but where did you get the foam from?

nice one - looked expensive until I realised you get five lots.

A single piece is a little pricey, when i first did my case i worked out that i could get 3 sections the same size, one to line the lid, a base layer then a main section, this made it easier to cut out the shapes

• 3 weeks later...

Here's mine , had to wait till I put my red leds on before i could post it , got the SGL standard issue maplins flight case , a BST explorer , a vixen npl , cheshire collimator etc. the red leds are from ebay 99p delivered from Hong Kong !! , they are for a car so 12v but work perfectly with a 9v pp3 as previously recommended in this thread ,the leds are self sticky & bent and drilled a thin sheet of aluminium for the switch come battery holder and pop riveted it to side of case - very James Bond.

post-20996-0-90689800-1338853153_thumb.j

Edited by scuffer

Took advantage of the Diamond Jubilee Bank Holiday to finish off my eyepiece case. It's a cube-foam flight case off ebay, and I've installed some BIG red LEDs (from maplins). Quite chuffed with the end result, even if I do say so myself.... :grin:

case1.jpg

Edited by mikehab

Hi doc,

I have u used it a few times but nowt h e long days are here i tend to do solar and use t h e xcels

I used it in my maknewt nice views. I was shocked by the amount of out focus required and i am pushing my extension to the limit. I will revisit in a few months :-)

Which nags did you get?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Ok here they are... they are used on a C8 (8" f/10) and an 80mm f/5 Vixen Achromat. Combined with the barlow, they give useful magnifications ranging fron 63x - 235x (C8) and 12.5 - 94x (Refractor). For collimating the C8, I reach magnifications of up to 470x, which is sufficent to see the Airy disk.

eyepieces.jpg

And that's the case they are kept in:

case.jpg

Have a good day!

Surely a great eyepiece! I'd like to try out the 12mm version, too, to see if I'd enjoy it more than I do enjoy the Radian. But I couldn't afford it without selling the Radian, so I will definitely have to test it first...

(still, also the 20mm Plössl combined with the 2x Barlow gives excellent views at a similar magnification)

Took advantage of the Diamond Jubilee Bank Holiday to finish off my eyepiece case. It's a cube-foam flight case off ebay, and I've installed some BIG red LEDs (from maplins). Quite chuffed with the end result, even if I do say so myself.... :grin:

case1.jpg

I use a bicycle rear LED light as well.

Glad to see someone else is "slumming it".

Do you hold yours with your teeth as well?