Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

How do the Underwater Kinetic cases compare to Pelican cases in terms of price and build quality?

Pelican case are really good, but they are expensive. I'm interested in any good alternatives.

The build quality of the "Ultra" line of cases is excelent, and worthy of the eyepieces it holds. The price is up there in the neighborhood of the Pelican's. It was $229.00

My feeling is it is worth it for housing premuim accessories; any old case is good enough for the run of the mill stuff.

I decided on this model and size after I saw one at my local dive shop. Its about as large as you can go in complying with carry on regulations. Anthony at the shop said they "are" water tight, his camera equipment rides in one and spends a lot of time in a wet environment, and bouncing around in a boat; that was a good enough endorsement for me.

Have had the case for about a year now, and I'm happy with it.

Contents: VERNONscope / Brandon / Questar.

Click on photo to enlarge

post-21902-0-87262100-1341593475_thumb.j

Edited by L8-Nite

Wow, another full set of Ethoses. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nearly - just the 3.7mm and 4.7mm SX's missing :grin:

Lovely set all the same. That Pentax zoom is no slouch either. Interesting that you hold both the E21 and N31. I've read of many selling the latter when they bought the former and then having to track another 31mm down as they missed it !

John, I borrowed a 4.7SX a while ago and it was probably a step too far for the scope, but definately the seeing conditions of the time; perhaps a perfect night would make it but even the 6 is stretching it. My favourites are the 21 and 13, although i often use them all in sequence. re the N31 vs E21 debate, I fall on the side that both are useful (and get used), although probably the 21 more so, and can't see me parting with any of them soon ;-)

The Pentax zoom is a wonderful eyepiece, which actually has more use in the solarscope (but not recently!), or is the one i take if travelling and don't want a lot of kit, thoroughly recommended.

Edited by ampleamp

Nice set KBO. :smiley:

:grin: :grin: , sorry this made me laugh, my name isn't KBO; KBO is shorthand for a famous Winston Churchill quote - you will have to Google it + WC as the filter here will block it,

regards

Alistair

Nice cases gents well done,ive got a few more coming this week so when they arrive i will post a picture of my finished case.

So it's "you", who's responsible for the weather in my neck of the woods ! :clouds1:

:grin: :grin: , sorry this made me laugh, my name isn't KBO; KBO is shorthand for a famous Winston Churchill quote - you will have to Google it + WC as the filter here will block it,

regards

Alistair

I'm just a tourist, sometimes I get lost in translation. :tongue:

Thanks, unfortunately there seems to be an issue of some "dust" or something inside the 9mm and 4.7mm, so I will most likely have to send them back for repair or exchange. The 14mm and 20mm looked pristine when I did some observing during the day.

In contrast to popular belief, new purchases doesn't always bring clouds (not to me atleast!). In fact, when my items arrive the clouds disappear!

My wee effort.

The BST 25mm is only in there to fill a hole - I liked the BSTs for the money, quite alot in fact, but the 25mm is the runt of the litter. It's okay in the ST80 and where it not for the fact that the ES 82 18mm doesn't fit in that scope, it would be gone. The BST 5mm survives because I'm reluctant (currently) to spend more on a 300x EP for the Dob, given the 0.001% of the time it's usable.

When Mrs. russ.will isn't looking, I could foresee an ES 82 14mm sneaking in....

casez.jpg

Edited by russ.will

My case is nearly finished im waiting for the 11mm and 6.7mm 82 degree F.O.V to arrive but heres where i am at the moment

post-12085-0-59590000-1342282558_thumb.j

Nice! I just sent back my 9mm and 4.7mm, so I can't wait to get back some with clean optics. I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but they feel really solid and have given some nice views in daylight. How do you feel the 30mm is compared to the 20mm. Which one gets more use?

They are both excellent eyepieces Orlander,last night was the first chance ive had to use them both and they performed very well.In my scope the 30mm gives me 52x magnification and a true field of 1.5 degree,so its superb for finding objects i was amazed how much of the sky you could see through it.Its hard to say which will get used more only time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my new eyepiece collection, All Vixens Lanthanum LVW, I love em. Ive had this walnut box for sometime with a view to making it into an ep box. I repolished it, reinforced the sides, added a liner , fitted pelicase interior foam and then added the eps.

Theres an O111 andf H Beta filter as well as a lanth barlow in their, nice and compact compared to my old set up.

Philj

post-2283-0-27614900-1343157545_thumb.jp

post-2283-0-74097800-1343157558_thumb.jp

Edited by philj
  • Like 5

Just finished my new eyepiece collection, All Vixens Lanthanum LVW, I love em. Ive had this walnut box for sometime with a view to making it into an ep box. I repolished it, reinforced the sides, added a liner , fitted pelicase interior foam and then added the eps.

Theres an O111 andf H Beta filter as well as a lanth barlow in their, nice and compact compared to my old set up.

Philj

Very nice phil, like the box and the ep`s, i have done a wooden box to house my plossl`s, since the ali case is full of bst`s and ortho`s

Maplins case all in one and my evolving EP collection. I started out thinking the 8 & 25mm BST and a Barlow was all I needed...then I got the 12mm Nagler and can see what all the fuss is about.

Not liking the 32mm Panaview much so far so thinking of trying a 31mm Nagler but it is expensive!

Although the BST 8mm is an amazing EP for the price I am looking to upgrade here with a similar Pentax XW or Delos. The Pentax sounds very good but I am waiting to hear more reviews on the Delos first.

post-20081-0-35573200-1343248308_thumb.j

Maplins case all in one and my evolving EP collection. I started out thinking the 8 & 25mm BST and a Barlow was all I needed...then I got the 12mm Nagler and can see what all the fuss is about.

Not liking the 32mm Panaview much so far so thinking of trying a 31mm Nagler but it is expensive!

Although the BST 8mm is an amazing EP for the price I am looking to upgrade here with a similar Pentax XW or Delos. The Pentax sounds very good but I am waiting to hear more reviews on the Delos first.

post-20081-0-35573200-1343248308_thumb.j

Heres mine a bit sorry ive only had scope 4 months had it out 6 times with this british summer. I got the case from maplins £19.99. If anyone could recommend additional eyepieces that would be great oh yes ive got skywatcher 150p eq3-2.

post-20428-0-31168200-1343814732_thumb.j

Edited by wookie1965