SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

5f96c32f-5b27-5208.jpg

I'm really pleased I've got this lot together and all under the wifes' nose.

Not one of them was over ( ahem...) £100. Or so.

:-D

Taken ages but love using them. The idea was to aim at good eye relief and 70 deg AFOV throughout.

I'm really pleased I've got this lot together and all under the wifes' nose.

Not one of them was over ( ahem...) £100. Or so.

:-D

Taken ages but love using them. The idea was to aim at good eye relief and 70 deg AFOV throughout.

I noticed one out of place eyepiece in there. Is that to say Delos is better then XW?

Edited by E621Keith

I noticed one out of place eyepiece in there. Is that to say Delos is better then XW?

No not really, the Delos just fitted my specs, and came up at the right time (and price).

The XW are so good. I can't put a fault to their name, other than the 3.5mm makes my floaters more obvious. That's just me, not the EP.

I love the feel of the Delos though, and optically, it's hard to find a big difference.

The odd ones out are the TV 32mm Plossl and the Swarovski (Meade) zoom. Both good but not what I'd aimed for. A Zoom is a Zoom, (AFOV not so good and variable).

The nicest EPs to use are the XW 20mm, and the Panoptic. fabulous wide field views, nice ER, and crisp to the edge.

I prefer a wider view and let the subject drift through, hence my want for good edge clarity. :D

.... I know a member on here gave up a 16mm UWAN for a 16mm T5 Nag so it matched others in his box and regretted it......

Yep, that would be me :D

I should have believed the review that said there was little or no noticeable difference between the two :D

I'm using a 4mm Nirvana (a clone of the UWAN) for high power planetary observing at the moment. It sits between a 5mm Pentax XW and a 3.5mm Nagler Type 6 but more than holds it's own. Very, very good eyepieces - I just wish the range of focal lengths in the series was greater :(

A 21mm (2") Nirvana / UWAN and an 11mm would be great additions :)

Edited by John

A 21mm (2") Nirvana / UWAN and an 11mm would be great additions :D

Ditto. I have a huge gap needs filling between the 7 & 16mm Nirvana. I wouldn't mind but why not do a 24mm instead of the 16 so at least you could barlow to 12mm. At least you'd have the option to fill a gap in magnification.

This is the case that my woman made me from scratch. We got a regular brief case from the local store, and went out to a fabric store and got some foam and some cloth to cover the foam. She then cut out a shadow board for all my filters, EPs, and what not and then sewed the cloth on.

I also love that i have room for the manuals, journal, pens, and even hot-hands on the upper piece.

and a lot of room for future growth!

Its pretty great!

post-35495-133877763426_thumb.jpg

This is the case that my woman made me from scratch. We got a regular brief case from the local store, and went out to a fabric store and got some foam and some cloth to cover the foam. She then cut out a shadow board for all my filters, EPs, and what not and then sewed the cloth on.

I also love that i have room for the manuals, journal, pens, and even hot-hands on the upper piece.

and a lot of room for future growth!

Its pretty great!

Nice! What is the foam like? One of the problems I have is when I want to reorganise a case it is often cheaper to buy a new case rather than replace the foam.

Cheers,

Chris

Nice! What is the foam like? One of the problems I have is when I want to reorganise a case it is often cheaper to buy a new case rather than replace the foam.

Cheers,

Chris

It was just foam from the local hobby shop, don't really remember the name brand.

Just received this case from Maplin

High Impact Case (Large) : Flight & Rugged Cases : Maplin Electronics

Very much like a Peli case but a fraction of the cost. Will probably get all my new BST Explorers in there no probs :)

Dave

It's a nice case for the money. It's not as good as a real peli case or even a peli storm case, but certainly good enough for normal moisture sealed eyepiece storage.

• 2 weeks later...
So what, they still look gorgeous! My "Terminagler" 31T5 is third hand. In you 2x Powermate it really does look like a Panzerfaust ;)

Does the powermate work well with the terminagler? Weight is an issue obviously

I used my old 31T5 with a big barlow + panotic interface (the 2 behave as a powermate) and it worked well. A lot of weight though. A simple barlow will extend the eye relief too much and be a bit of a pain to use, specially if you have any artificial lights close by as you'll have to keep the eye outside the eye guard.

On my C8 I do not use 2" Barlow or Powermate (my TeleXtenders are 1.25"), but it would only affect balance, not the focuser, as it works by shifting the mirror, and the EP stays put. As I already have the 17T4 and 12T4, barlowing a 31T5 to 15.5 mm does not really make a great deal of sense.

My CPC800 handles the weight okay (just!!). They do work well together but I rarely use this combination as I have the 17mm T4.

Case shut and finished- not particularly my eyepiece case but my everything case.

No Naglers, Ethos and no hang ups or wants whatsoever - just glad the spending has stopped and there's a break in the sky this weekend :0)

picture.php?albumid=1891&pictureid=17348

heres my collection of sereis 5000 super plossl and one hd60 25mm (topleft) after getting back into visual i have had to rebuild my collection of stuff again slowly getting there bit by bit week by week somtimes day by day :clouds2: poor picture taken on iphone

post-18942-133877772345_thumb.jpg

My ethos case :) To be fair there is also a Nagler 31mm, couple of 2" powermates (2x, 4x), a televue 2" diagonal and finally 4 Astronomik 2" visual filters in there too.

Chris

post-18309-133877774605_thumb.jpg

Edited by phcjpp