Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Just checked on eBay the seller is called astrospares and he's in the USA about £4 to buy around 6 and another £3 in postage.

Thanks Tim. I will order some, several of my eyepieces are missing their caps.

It's strange no one in the UK sell eyepiece rear caps.

That scope looks great inside the case!

Thanks. It's a good travel scope. Having it stored inside a Peli case with its accessories means I could just grab the case and a mount and I'm good to go.

Whoops - didn't realise there was a thread on this.

I started a thread here a couple of days ago to show mine off! :)

http://stargazerslounge.com/astro-lounge/181157-my-equipment-case.html

Your cases look very neat. What is that tablet behind the Bahtinov mask? Do you use it to control your scope?

Your cases look very neat. What is that tablet behind the Bahtinov mask? Do you use it to control your scope?

It's a Samsung Q1. It's absolute junk as a computer, but is powerful enough to take images using SharpCap, and is a handy size hence why I use it. Plus the batteries last about 6 hours.

To process the images I transfer them afterwards to a more powerful laptop/desktop

Updated case : ES 100 degree 20mm finally arrived!!!

post-33051-133877751327_thumb.jpg

So total kit list:

Skywatcher 250P

Celestron C8

CG5 goto mount

1": Skywatcher 25mm super wide, 10mm superwide, celestron 32mm plossl, generic? 20mm plossl

2" ES 100 degree 9mm, 20mm

Barlows: Skywatcher 2x Barlow, Celestron 2x Barlow, Televue 2x Big Barlow

Filters: Baader UHC-S 2", Skywatcher variable polarising 2"

Not looking for ES 14mm, but as a newbie, suggestions are needed as to what to go for next whether EPs or other kit - diagonals? etc...

All ideas welcome

[ATTACH]83074[/ATTACH]

So total kit list:

Skywatcher 250P

Celestron C8

CG5 goto mount

1": Skywatcher 25mm super wide, 10mm superwide, celestron 32mm plossl, generic? 20mm plossl

Not looking for ES 14mm, but as a newbie, suggestions are needed as to what to go for next whether EPs or other kit - diagonals? etc...

All ideas welcome

I would sell the big barlow and get an Antares 2" 1.6x. That way your 2 ES won't overlap and you'll have 20mm, 12.5mm, 9mm and 5.6mm available in 100º. (Done the same myself with the Ethos 21mm, the 10mm and the Antares 1.6x and I'm very pleased. Even sold the Nagler 31mmT5 as it was always a toss up between it and the Ethos 21mm)

[ATTACH]83074[/ATTACH]

So total kit list:

Skywatcher 250P

Celestron C8

CG5 goto mount

All ideas welcome

Looking very nice there Jinx :)

Just thinking you guys looking for foam should go to your local computer shops im a computer engineer and we get foam packed laptops when they have been returned to the manufacturer for warranty repairs they might even just let you have them.

• 2 weeks later...
IMG_9037.jpg My mix'n

My Mix 'n' Match eyepieces,but i am very happy with them.

Nothing wrong with mix and match Paul. As other will tell you it doesn't always pay to have the same brand. I know a member on here gave up a 16mm UWAN for a 16mm T5 Nag so it matched others in his box and regretted it. There are a lot of people who like Hyperions but would say the 24mm is the runt of the litter. I'm sure this is the case for other brands also. At the end of the day they are not a fashion accessories and it's how well they perform optically that counts.