Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wow!

rockettsue

I would prefer without the car, but I think there's a reason for leaving it in there - i.e. it shows it's upside down - made me thing for a split-second anyway ;)   Can't think of any other reason it'd be there, as it's so easy to 'shop out...

13 minutes ago, M Astronomy said:

But the reflections don't add up.. Intentional I guess but kinda off putting all the same.

This is not a reflected image, one part is taken in the northern hemisphere with the associated landscape and the other using the southern (signified by the upside down car).

Alan

Looks like a reflection at first sight but you need to read the blurb that accompanies it - then it makes sense even if it does seem "all wrong".

2 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

This is not a reflected image, one part is taken in the northern hemisphere with the associated landscape and the other using the southern (signified by the upside down car).

Alan

I got that due to the SMC/LMC. 

Have to adnit that as an image...............it just doesnt work for me personally.

On 13/03/2018 at 20:29, Alien 13 said:

Alan

Ah!  Interesting concept and execution..

Personally I think that is one amazing bit of work, and endeavour.  The planning that must have gone into it, even the idea of doing it, with excellent processing in getting the pictures to match etc etc.

A well deserved APOD, not sure if this would exclude you now from entering the RO Astroimger of the year contest, but it is the sort of thing they they would find very interesting.

Congratulations. 

Carole 

I'm with Carole  on this (1) its took a significant amount of thought, planning and imagination. (2) the car and campsite subtly included the photographer in the image (3) the inverted car and horizon mismatch tell us something unusual is going on where most astro images create the illusion of an objective reality and (4) the striking colour is part of the deal. It grabs you attention then you have to look three or our times to peel away the layers to realise it's far from what it appears at first sight (the milky way reflected in water).

The more I look at it the more I appreciate it.

P.S. follow the 'appended' link on that page for a subtly connected easter egg!

On 13/03/2018 at 20:29, Alien 13 said:

Alan

On 13/03/2018 at 21:22, Gina said:

Looks like a reflection at first sight but you need to read the blurb that accompanies it - then it makes sense even if it does seem "all wrong".

Yes it does make sense. :iamwithstupid:

Archived