Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

22 minutes ago, garryblueboy said:

An extra Counterweight  courtesy of a SGL member 

17986BC8-DFA8-4A2D-9C2B-4C1D9C9B977F.jpeg

Another homebrew dumbell project, due to the lock down? ;)

16 hours ago, Ags said:

I'm curious. Can you share a link to this product?

The item is  SVBONY SV149 which I bought on eBay for £12.99 delivered. If you look closely to the release button, it is stepped which makes a little sore to use hence my wanting to glue a silicone button onto it.

It’s metal made so should last.

chaz

0961B163-A66C-4248-8DCE-31897AE0540F.jpeg

5D95B6CB-9ADC-4EA4-93F7-D107D7A75AB0.jpeg

Edited by Chaz2b
  • Like 1

One of a pair I’ve ordered to go with my TV binoviewers, lovely packaging, but will now go into storage till its mate turns up.

who needs to eat anyway?

chaz

03B7B8A4-3C04-4670-ABD7-AF8257EC8C4E.jpeg

Edited by Chaz2b
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, PeterW said:

Svbony is a dangerous place... very cheap filters, to go on my bins.... how many filters is too many?!

Peter

I take it you’ve bought SvBONY filters, how do they fare?

chaz

Well I'm quite excited, I'm managed for once, to be in the right place at the right time. Soon I will be the owner of two unused Carl Zeiss Jena Huygens eyepieces. In 16 mm and 25 mm focal lengths! :) First Carl Zeiss Jena items I've owned :D

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chaz2b said:

I take it you’ve bought SvBONY filters, how do they fare?

chaz

Don’t know yet. Hoping to use CLS as a “reduce the pollution and still let through some comet light”. IE not for very narrow line use. I might stack with narrower ones to enhance the light pollution, which moving to LED can do with as much reducing as it can. I am also working on a plan for eyepiece winged eyecups. When filtering you need to be as dark adapted as you can be and block straylight from round about interfering.

Peter

45 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

To fit to OTA rings:

923278318_IMG_02461.jpg.2e6ecefb0d30591b0ac8efb6448ac1ca.jpg

I'll be listening to Handel's Messiah whilst installing it.

About to say that you seem to have lost what it was attached to.... 😉

I once got an open letter in the post that (originally) contained an eyepiece adapter.... sadly lost somewhere in the great postal universe 😞 

Peter

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PeterW said:

Don’t know yet. Hoping to use CLS as a “reduce the pollution and still let through some comet light”. IE not for very narrow line use. I might stack with narrower ones to enhance the light pollution, which moving to LED can do with as much reducing as it can. I am also working on a plan for eyepiece winged eyecups. When filtering you need to be as dark adapted as you can be and block straylight from round about interfering.o

Peter

Aah, you want the BinoBandit!

50 minutes ago, Chaz2b said:

Aah, you want the BinoBandit!

Already a Bandit fan (one lives on my 8x30 daytime bins), but they don’t stretch well round BIG-bino eyepieces. I was going to try to 3D print some custom winged eyecups, but found a random post that’s got me to try something *slightly* different... which should arrive soon.... see how that plan goes on, will post if successful.

peter

Morning all.

This little gem arrived from RVO this morning super quickly.  (Thanks DPD driver 🙂)

I got an absolute bargain as it was a return because of a split in the box. the scope was wrapped up as new and never used. I am going to put this little fella on the large bay window and have a look around from indoors with it when conditions are not ideal for he 8"

Well chuffed 🙂

DSC_0502.JPG

• Like 4

FLO and DPD, what a great combination. Ordered the Sky-Watcher AZ-GTi Wednesday evening, just arrived, superb service considering what’s going on outside.

Ahh, the joys of being single...

chaz

5E0F3488-B1CE-4134-9B25-6081D02046FE.jpeg

• Like 1