Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

48 minutes ago, Wyvernp said:

Looks a little ridiculous on the eq6-r though.

Actually I think that your set-up looks eminently sensible. A great set up, in fact.

This would be ridiculous:

IMG_5328.JPG.9ad47debd69d0e29b583a1641d9c2769.JPG

Edited by JeremyS
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Actually I think that your set-up looks eminently sensible. A great set up, in fact.

This would be ridiculous:

IMG_5328.JPG.9ad47debd69d0e29b583a1641d9c2769.JPG

Yeah, I reckon you're going to need to move that counterweight up a bit.

James

• Haha 3

Ridiculous??? Nah.  When I put my single widefield imaging rig on the EQ8 - that looked ridiculous!!  🤣

1052452509_2019RigonEQ802.JPG.d586ce4d268d0a030f34e6c34586ce32.JPG

Edited by Gina
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Gina said:

When I put my single widefield imaging rig on the EQ8 - that looked ridiculous!! 

That's only a 9 on the Redonkulous scale. Here's an "11".

kelt-e1464127112804.png.517ebfa9ed92e4e76834e433ae620e80.png

https://astrobites.org/2016/05/25/kelt-the-extremely-little-telescope/

From Wikipedia: 

Each KELT telescope consists of a wide field (26 degrees by 26 degrees) medium format telephoto lens with a 4.2 cm aperture, mounted in front of a 4k x 4k Apogee CCD. Each can also be equipped with an alternative narrower field (10.8 degrees by 10.8 degrees) lens with a 7.1 cm aperture for a narrow angle campaign mode. KELT-North uses an Apogee AP16E camera, while KELT South uses an Apogee U16M. The optical assemblies and cameras are mounted on Paramount ME mounts manufactured by Software Bisque.

Edited by Ags
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My entry, the StarSense auto align camera on an EQ6, didn’t even need a counterweight. A mount that knows exactly where it is pointing, shame no one else can share the view 😉

peter

D645AEE7-7504-41BE-833C-D00B5409E3E1.jpeg

• Like 3

The postman brought an eagerly awaited package today: CEM60 + Berlebach Planet from FLO. My spouse gasped "that thing is gorgeous!" when she saw it. :D It is indeed a beautiful piece of kit. Can't wait to get it under the stars!

IMG_20200408_104352_Bokeh.jpg

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, Nikodemuzz said:

The postman brought an eagerly awaited package today: CEM60 + Berlebach Planet from FLO. My spouse gasped "that thing is gorgeous!" when she saw it. :D It is indeed a beautiful piece of kit. Can't wait to get it under the stars!

I think you hit upon an important point here @Nikodemuzz.

My experience is that other members of the family appreciate the look of Berlebach products. To the extent that they don't mind having them around so much.

I presume you opted for the darker wood stain version, rather than doing it yourself? It seems to blend with the colour of the wood in your door frame and sideboard 🙂

2 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

I think you hit upon an important point here @Nikodemuzz.

My experience is that other members of the family appreciate the look of Berlebach products. To the extent that they don't mind having them around so much.

I presume you opted for the darker wood stain version, rather than doing it yourself? It seems to blend with the colour of the wood in your door frame and sideboard 🙂

I think you are right, Jeremy. Although aesthetics probably shouldn't be a deciding factor, it certainly is a factor when the all-important approval from significant others is concerned. 😃 Luckily with these Berlebach products I don't think you really have to sacrifice much for the pleasing looks. The tripod is absolutely rock solid, and the price was quite competitive in its class as well IMO. 

I requested the darker color from FLO, as Berlebach gives these options at their website. It was no problem. Perhaps slightly longer lead time, but I'm not sure if even that was affected. Highly recommended.

We have a lot of furniture with similar colours, but I don't think I want to have the gear in the living room... I'll have to consider it. 🤔😏 

• Like 1

There are those of us that own a Berlebach tripod and the rest that wish they owned one. 😁😁😁

But seriously they are worth every penny and I’ve never regretted buying one. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, johninderby said:

There are those of us that own a Berlebach tripod and the rest that wish they owned one. 😁😁😁

But seriously they are worth every penny and I’ve regretted buying one. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Agreed.

I was trying to find the "show us your Berlebach" thread 🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nikodemuzz said:

IMG_20200408_104352_Bokeh.jpg

That planet is stunning in that shade... what shade is it if you don't mind me asking?

It was a nice surprise to find that Mr postman had dropped of my latest Moon fix. Johann Krieger's MOND ATLAS, hard back. Though it isn't really an atlas, it does contain 35 superb observational sketches made by Krieger, who has to be one of the finest selenographers of all time. 

IMG_5867.thumb.JPG.286fb028d32a6581e98fc988d8b41ce7.JPGspacer.pngIMG_5868.thumb.JPG.2bbf125cfefb5a9dfb110eeffb9cc50d.JPG

IMG_5869.thumb.JPG.71f326691eb34cd2daaa855c868d7c78.JPG

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Like 3