NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

16 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Lovely lovely.

Perhaps the Q1.7 x next. Makes a super FS 60 Q 👍🏻

I was originally going to get the FS60Q, but sold out. I already have my eye on the extender, as it works with this and the FC-76DCU too 👍

This FS-60CB is lovely though and so tiny 😃

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

I was originally going to get the FS60Q, but sold out. I already have my eye on the extender, as it works with this and the FC-76DCU too 👍

This FS-60CB is lovely though and so tiny 😃

Ahh...so it was you who got FLO's last one ;)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, callisto said:

Ahh...so it was you who got FLO's last one ;)

I was originally looking at the FS-60Q, as that would have also given the extender to use on both scopes, but that went in front of my eyes. Figured this way I get the best of both worlds, between this and the FC-76 and can add the extender later.

I didn’t realise until a few weeks ago, just how scarce these things have become, I just assumed stock levels were small and being replenished, but apparently they are showing massive waiting lists for some models... apologies for jumping on this one whilst I could, I tried to resist but couldn’t in the end 😬

However, there is a strong likelihood that I might be selling some of my other scopes, as these will likely fulfil those roles now, so hopefully I can recycle well looked after gear back into the community 👍

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 2

DPD have just delivered a pop-up observatory tent all the way from Explore Scientific in Germany. This is part of a cunning plan to see the best site in the garden to set up a permanent Obsy and to persuade SWMBO to give that the go ahead. With foreign holidays looking unlikely this year, it will also be taken to a couple of dark sky site holidays here in bonnie Scotland.

81D419D4-E42A-4EBC-89F8-815482DA4BC0.jpeg

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, laudropb said:

DPD have just delivered a pop-up observatory tent all the way from Explore Scientific in Germany. This is part of a cunning plan to see the best site in the garden to set up a permanent Obsy and to persuade SWMBO to give that the go ahead. With foreign holidays looking unlikely this year, it will also be taken to a couple of dark sky site holidays here in bonnie Scotland.

81D419D4-E42A-4EBC-89F8-815482DA4BC0.jpeg

I saw the advertisement for this last week and was wondering about it for my communal area and how it would fair, be interested to see how you get on with it. Clear skies 

Great chair John. I'm getting one this year...

The tent without a roof looks interesting. The spare room doesn't look big enough or necessary though tbh.

For me, the pull of the dark side is too great... A couple of accessories arrived for the used 450d in the post...

IMG_20210402_165907488~2.jpg

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Now you got a personal chair John, do we have to call you Professor Handleby?

Guru will do. 😁😁😁

Now to look for a tiny seat cushion. 🙂

Edited by johninderby
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

The tent without a roof looks interesting. The spare room doesn't look big enough or necessary though tbh.

For me, the pull of the dark side is too great... A couple of accessories arrived for the used 450d in the post...

Good luck with the slippery slope Peter, let us know how you get on, clear skies 📷🔭🌌

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

The tent does come with a tarp roof, but obviously you can not use it when observing or imaging. Both rooms are the same size. 5 by 5. This is a bit small I will have to try it out. The idea is that you set up to image in one room, with your computer etc in the other. I am purely visual and could set up 2 scopes .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, laudropb said:

I will give a review of how  useful it is, or not lol, after a few sessions with it.

I’m about 30miles east of you, so, very interested in results.

Particularly how it stands up in windy and wet/snow weather - as is due in next few days

On 19/03/2021 at 16:02, iapa said:

Finally, got these outside last night for 1st light

• ASI294MC-cool,
  • ASI74mm,
  • ASI Miniguide scope,
  • ASI EAF and finally,
  • ASIAir-Pro

Mounted onto my Skywatcher Equinox ED80 Pro APO with Skywatcher 0.85 FF/FR

The focuser adapter required a couple of M3 x 10mm hex head replacement bolts, not a perfect fit but does feel secure.

439A49EF-5CCF-4D39-BBE8-806F3EFD5542.jpeg

And 1st attempt on the Pelican Nebula was underwhelming.

114 x 60s rgb

Flats, flat darks, bias.

No darks as I was dithering.

DSS for stacking

Photoshop and Lightroom for processing in iPad - 1st real try with recent calibrated inmages

stacked, calibrated, no darks-Edit.jpg

44 minutes ago, laudropb said:

The tent does come with a tarp roof, but obviously you can not use it when observing or imaging. Both rooms are the same size. 5 by 5. This is a bit small I will have to try it out. The idea is that you set up to image in one room, with your computer etc in the other. I am purely visual and could set up 2 scopes .

Looks great. Interested to hear how you get on 👍🏻

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stardaze said:

I like the look of that. Is the drummers stool being retired? Easy to store.

Kept in reserve. 🙂

And yes as the Geoptik chair folds up flat  can sit in the corner out of the way. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Kept in reserve. 🙂

And yes as the Geoptik chair folds up flat  can sit in the corner out of the way. 

I think I might treat myself, my little stool gets in the way. Was looking at the berlebach ones but that’s about half the price.

£97.00 from Amazon but notice that at many dealers it has gone up to about £150.00 so very close to the Berlebach at £159.00.

RVO is £94.00 but doesn’t have any stock but say new stock due in about a month. Wonder if their price will go up?

Edited by johninderby
  • Thanks 1