Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Look for Skywatcher Star Adventurer

FLO

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

Wow, that black and white makes them look very 'scientific' - love it. Errrr where did the green idea come from ...........

Green along with the new WO blue are the new in colours, everyone will want them :icon_biggrin:

Alan

1 hour ago, John78 said:

You can't see it in the dark though :hello:

Very true but I see it more indoors under clouds than outside under the stars.

Plus green is my favourite colour and this style ticks all my boxes 

24 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

Wow, that black and white makes them look very 'scientific' - love it. Errrr where did the green idea come from ...........

Not a clue but it's a brilliant idea that works, for me atleast. 

I do like the new scheme, something a bit different and quite striking.

It's a clever marketing ploy from SW too, means you have to buy one of their new scopes if you want it to match the mount :) 

My crazy conspiracy theory regarding the green accents is that it scuppers the symbiotic relationship between William Optics and with other brands ;) 

In the past WO scopes have come in Celestron Orange, or Meade blue, thus demonstrating this relationship. Then WO release the WO61 which looks a match made in heaven for the SA mount, and one of the 3 livery's is red to match the previous SA mounts, the other 2 being gold and blue.

Try matching blue, gold, or red with err... green!

It will be interesting to see if WO add a green version next :grin:   

1 hour ago, Lockie said:

My crazy conspiracy theory regarding the green accents is that it scuppers the symbiotic relationship between William Optics and with other brands ;) 

In the past WO scopes have come in Celestron Orange, or Meade blue, thus demonstrating this relationship. Then WO release the WO61 which looks a match made in heaven for the SA mount, and one of the 3 livery's is red to match the previous SA mounts, the other 2 being gold and blue.

Try matching blue, gold, or red with err... green!

It will be interesting to see if WO add a green version next :grin:   

ive been so close to buying one of those little WO scopes :D

Archived