Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS forum 4

mapstar

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't look too bad on MeteoEarth: http://www.meteoearth.com/#/,0.93,54.05,20.21,8,1,1,0,0,0,time=1510527226

I might be up for a trip to Winscar (need to run it past the missus first, and check that she isn't going out), Sutton Bank would be too far though for me. I'll keep an eye on the thread, see if anyone is heading out.

Anyone know if the roadworks on Woodhead Pass have finished?

1 hour ago, Mark62 said:

I have conflicting forecasts for tonight one is showing total cloud and the other showing clear from around 8pm :BangHead: 

Are we going to risk Winscar ?, I have Sutton Bank now Cloudy, Winscar Clear for a few hours ! if so let me know Mark/Damian

eric

Would like to get to Winscar tonight, but I'll struggle to make it. Probably set up in the garden later when kids are in bed.

Hope all who go to Winscar or further afield have a good night. Look forward to your reports and images later in the week.

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Quite a bit of cloud here at present but still clear forecast at winscar so think thats where I'll be heading if I go out.

Going to have a bite to eat first and decide afterwards. 

I am staying at home in backyard, wind and uncertain forecast to go further tonight 

eric

34 minutes ago, rockystar said:

Is there anyone up at winscar at the moment?  I was just about to set off - wife cooked a roast dinner, i couldn't leave that behind. 

Iv not gone but I understand Damian and Ryan were going.

Yeah home and wrapped up on the sofa. Just couldn't get warm although with the wind thats whipping across it wasn't surprising

Got home and not feeling that well, aching all over and think It's a touch of man flu coming on.

Hope you have a good night Ryan :thumbright:

8 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Yeah home and wrapped up on the sofa. Just couldn't get warm although with the wind thats whipping across it wasn't surprising

Got home and not feeling that well, aching all over and think It's a touch of man flu coming on.

Get a some whisky down you 

Neil 

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Sorry the night didn't go your way. Don't be cryin off later in the week ?

As Neil says, get a few swallies down ye ?

I was out until 12:15 freezing bitter cold, but managed some DSO's , used the 102mm frac on the small mount with synscan, spot on every target middle of screen including my last for the night M97 but was too cold to do any stacking on it, up at 6-30 in morning haha

eric 

Just me and @Ryan P last night (though I'm lead to believe that Damian went without setting up, before I got there).

It was a good night with some lovely skies.  Found M33, M34 and M1 for the first time. Also had a look at a couple of other regulars (M31/32/110 and M81/82). And there were a couple of shooting stars too.

Not a big list of targets but it was nice to be out, even though it was cold with that wind. And good chatting with Ryan.

Archived