Jump to content

Banner.jpg.b6007b69ccdf5c69bf18273ddfe023df.jpg

WADAS forum 4


mapstar
 Share

Recommended Posts

A continuation of our local thread for Wakefield and district astronomical society.

Please join in and contribute to our on going astronomy discussions and meet up chat.

Everyone welcome

Damian 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mapstar said:

A continuation of our local thread for Wakefield and district astronomical society.

Please join in and contribute to our on going astronomy discussions and meet up chat.

Everyone welcome

Damian 

You can run but you can't hide ?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@gtis Neil, when I've stacked in DSS it saves the Autosave file, but I also save a file as a 16-bit Tiff file as it isn't such a large file. My CS2 doesn't always handle the Autosave files from DSS. When I've done my processing I save a Tiff file, but I also save a JPG version for uploading to various social media etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, gtis said:

Have tried that but it didn't give a option to save a jpeg only tiff and psd files

Ah right, yes, save as a Tiff file. Then open that Tiff file using something like Paint, don't make any changes and then save as a Jpg file. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Ah right, yes, save as a Tiff file. Then open that Tiff file using something like Paint, don't make any changes and then save as a Jpg file. 

Weird as I just played a short video from Winscar the other night, and M57 came on the screen in colour, here it is 10 x 5 sec stack, less than a minute total, no processing straight capture from the screen. 

ring nebxxxxxzx.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Weird as I just played a short video from Winscar the other night, and M57 came on the screen in colour, here it is 10 x 5 sec stack, less than a minute total, no processing straight capture from the screen. 

ring nebxxxxxzx.jpg

Thats one of your best Eric. Well done 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 23:08, Vicky050373 said:

Ah right, yes, save as a Tiff file. Then open that Tiff file using something like Paint, don't make any changes and then save as a Jpg file. 

Thanks Vicky will try that

milky way (2).jpg

Edited by gtis
photo added
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WANTED: An expert in Newtonian collimation who can have a look at my scopes (in the Wakefield area)

I have a problem and I think it is down to collimation - I cannot get round stars out to the borders on all four corners. I have two newtonians, both Skywatcher: a 130pds and a 200pds. I have a 0.9x coma corrector and have the spacing close (but not spot on yet). I can get the stars round(ish) to three corners but the fourth shows streaking inwards of stars towards the centre. This suggests an issue with the imaging train and not spacing. I have collimated to the best of my ability but, now, it is a case of starting to run out of ideas so, if anyone is a collimation wizard and in the Wakefield area could help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

First attempt at adding colour to my monochrome image of M57 The Ring Nebula. So much to learn. Thank you Jay @UKJay1971 for your help with this data. It gave me some very good pointers which have helped me to make a start.

M57 27.08.2017 Colour.jpg

Good job Vicky getting the colour out like that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.