Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_nb_dso.jpg.eb6cd158659331fd13e71470af6da381.jpg

mapstar    5,454

A continuation of our local thread for Wakefield and district astronomical society.

Please join in and contribute to our on going astronomy discussions and meet up chat.

Everyone welcome

Damian 

Uplooker    1,251
5 minutes ago, mapstar said:

A continuation of our local thread for Wakefield and district astronomical society.

Please join in and contribute to our on going astronomy discussions and meet up chat.

Everyone welcome

Damian 

You can run but you can't hide 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Vicky050373    2,647

@gtis Neil, when I've stacked in DSS it saves the Autosave file, but I also save a file as a 16-bit Tiff file as it isn't such a large file. My CS2 doesn't always handle the Autosave files from DSS. When I've done my processing I save a Tiff file, but I also save a JPG version for uploading to various social media etc.

gtis    599

Have tried that but it didn't give a option to save a jpeg only tiff and psd files

Vicky050373    2,647
22 minutes ago, gtis said:

Have tried that but it didn't give a option to save a jpeg only tiff and psd files

Ah right, yes, save as a Tiff file. Then open that Tiff file using something like Paint, don't make any changes and then save as a Jpg file. 

2STAR    678
9 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Ah right, yes, save as a Tiff file. Then open that Tiff file using something like Paint, don't make any changes and then save as a Jpg file. 

Weird as I just played a short video from Winscar the other night, and M57 came on the screen in colour, here it is 10 x 5 sec stack, less than a minute total, no processing straight capture from the screen. 

ring nebxxxxxzx.jpg

• Like 1

mapstar    5,454
12 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Weird as I just played a short video from Winscar the other night, and M57 came on the screen in colour, here it is 10 x 5 sec stack, less than a minute total, no processing straight capture from the screen. 

ring nebxxxxxzx.jpg

Thats one of your best Eric. Well done 

• Like 1

Mark62    1,423

Winner winner chicken dinner. Just got this from S@N. unfortunately they say they are not publishing the image. But never mind 

IMG_0355.PNG

• Like 4

gtis    599
On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 23:08, Vicky050373 said:

Thanks Vicky will try that

milky way (2).jpg

Edited by gtis
photo added
  • Like 1

2STAR    678
12 hours ago, mapstar said:

Thats one of your best Eric. Well done 

Thanks Damian, still can't figure it out how it changed from a screen shot Mono to Colour when on video haha 

2STAR    678

Vicky, have a close look at your M57 , if you draw a line down ( toward the right corner) from the 2 central stars, you may have captured mag 15 spiral galaxy NGC 1296.

eric

UKJay1971    97

Another clear night - hoping to grab several hours on NGC 7635 Bubble Nebula tonight and tomorrow ...

UKJay1971    97

WANTED: An expert in Newtonian collimation who can have a look at my scopes (in the Wakefield area)

I have a problem and I think it is down to collimation - I cannot get round stars out to the borders on all four corners. I have two newtonians, both Skywatcher: a 130pds and a 200pds. I have a 0.9x coma corrector and have the spacing close (but not spot on yet). I can get the stars round(ish) to three corners but the fourth shows streaking inwards of stars towards the centre. This suggests an issue with the imaging train and not spacing. I have collimated to the best of my ability but, now, it is a case of starting to run out of ideas so, if anyone is a collimation wizard and in the Wakefield area could help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Vicky050373    2,647

First attempt at adding colour to my monochrome image of M57 The Ring Nebula. So much to learn. Thank you Jay @UKJay1971 for your help with this data. It gave me some very good pointers which have helped me to make a start.

M57 27.08.2017 Colour.jpg

• Like 4

2STAR    678
2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

First attempt at adding colour to my monochrome image of M57 The Ring Nebula. So much to learn. Thank you Jay @UKJay1971 for your help with this data. It gave me some very good pointers which have helped me to make a start.

M57 27.08.2017 Colour.jpg

Good job Vicky getting the colour out like that. 

• Like 1

2STAR    678
Just now, 2STAR said:

From last night in the backyard NGC1342 & M33 

ngc1342.jpg

m33xxxxxxxxxdd_edited-1.jpg

NGC 1342 The little Scorpion

• Like 1

mapstar    5,454

Sky seems to be clearing so may get a bit of eyepiece time later

• Like 2

mapstar    5,454

Yeah thats why it'll be from home but 1am will be good

• Like 1

mapstar    5,454

Scope out on patio cooling. 

20170831_204850.thumb.jpg.021805af4c03cd2bd0f0754e49aff473.jpg

An hour watching tv and the scope should be cool enough to view the veil and test my 2" O111 :wink:

• Like 2

gtis    599

I see it's nicely pointing at the moon Damian 😄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1