Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Eric I don't have any problems with the mount wifi and the house wifi

what refractor have you got has I am thinking about getting  a 70mm one

Edited by gtis

I see neil at greenwitch his retiring 

will the shop birstall close as well

34 minutes ago, gtis said:

I see neil at greenwitch his retiring 

will the shop birstall close as well

Yes both shops will be closing I have spoken to Lee to day and he was offerd the company to bye but he’s not taking it over. 

Lee is moving to work for Altair Astro from January. 

That's quite sad - 2 Astro shops closing ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Uplooker said:

That's quite sad - 2 Astro shops closing ?

Inevitable as they couldn't compete for astro with the likes of Flo and Tring especially where discounts are concerned. 

14 hours ago, gtis said:

Eric I don't have any problems with the mount wifi and the house wifi

what refractor have you got has I am thinking about getting  a 70mm one

Neil, I use the HC not the Tablet and have found if I don't disable the Mount WIFI when on the Top Patio ( just outside dining room window) House WIFI interferes with Handset control, ((on the bottom Patio no problem at all.))

I have the Skywatcher Startravel 102mm f5 Refractor on GOTO. I have just started using it with my OSC Infinity and it is ok, do get some colour fringing but I am not too bothered about it. 

Eric

On 10/31/2017 at 08:30, 2STAR said:

I was quite happy with the Focus, but may get a Bhatinov Mask for the Frac to sharpen it up

Saw Lee at Green witch today, he gave me a Bahtinov Mask for the 102mm Freebie, smashing guy, wished him all the luck in his new venture at Altair.

Erc 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Saw Lee at Green witch today, he gave me a Bahtinov Mask for the 102mm Freebie, smashing guy, wished him all the luck in his new venture at Altair.

Erc 

Think I'd paid for that lol 

• Like 2

all gone very quiet on here!

next meeting is on the 23rd at the Old Mill pub Horbury. Guest speaker is Julian Onions. Of course we will be doing the obligatory curry Afterwards.

5 minutes ago, Soupy said:

all gone very quiet on here!

next meeting is on the 23rd at the Old Mill pub Horbury. Guest speaker is Julian Onions. Of course we will be doing the obligatory curry Afterwards.

It is but should be busier as the skies are a lot better of late.

Hope everyone enjoys the meeting I will be on the isle of Skye for it 

Edited by mapstar
  • Like 1

I won't book you a place at the curry table afterwards lol. 

Have a good trip and look forward to your observing report.

Edited by Soupy

Hope you have a good time on skye Damian. If it’s clear the sky’s will be super. Wish I was going with you I really enjoyed skye in March 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2017 at 08:49, Mark62 said:

Hope you have a good time on skye Damian. If it’s clear the sky’s will be super. Wish I was going with you I really enjoyed skye in March 

BBC have this Sunday night clear (so far) 

eric

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

BBC have this Sunday night clear (so far) 

eric

Could be good Eric as the moon doesn't rise till midnight 

• Like 2

On 11/10/2017 at 10:15, mapstar said:

Could be good Eric as the moon doesn't rise till midnight 

Still showing good for Sunday Night, anyone going out Winscar etc , let me know please, I will join you.

Eric

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Still showing good for Sunday Night, anyone going out Winscar etc , let me know please, I will join you.

Eric

Will do Eric think I've got your number so will text 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Eric

I could make one in if it stays clear ?

• Like 1

Winscar  still looking good for Sunday Night

Eric

Edited by 2STAR
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Winscar  still looking good for Sunday Night

Eric

Yeah it is, just had a look at sutton bank. It's about the same 

• Like 1

It's not as warm out as it looks. Wind chill is making it feel a lot cooler than the 7°c. Will see whats happening 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mapstar said:

It's not as warm out as it looks. Wind chill is making it feel a lot cooler than the 7°c. Will see whats happening 

Yes I have just got back from a football match near Halifax was bitter in the wind  ha ha