Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hallo from Broadstairs

The Lazy Saint

Hi all,

l am very pleased to be a part of this fantastic hobby. lt is, for me, a whole new world as l have only just started. My retirement present from my wife was a telescope. I think she bought it for me so l wouldn't get under her feet. It seems to have worked as l spend most nights in the garden and my days in bed lol.

So far I have seen, through my telescope, venus, Jupiter and her four galilean moons and Saturn + 4 of her larger moons. This sighting list fully demonstrates my "novice" status but l hope to learn from othe members on this site. 

Best wishes to you all. 

Welcome from the land down under where the skies always clear

Hope you enjoy your new toy as much as we do

Belong to a club and club does public viewing nights, as well as presentations primary/secondary school, space badge scout/guide movement

On 22/08/2017 at 16:16, The Lazy Saint said:

This sighting list fully demonstrates my "novice" status b

Even the late Sir Patrick Moore would still be learning, there's no limits!

This morning was my first view of Venus for the coming season, but alas, this morning, no optics with me?

Welcome to the SGL. 

Thank you all for the warm welcome, it is very much appreciated. I will get up to the Westgate café on my next opportunity, thanks for the heads up Andy.

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:55, rwilkey said:

What a lovely present from your wife, must be a good telescope to have seen a few of Saturn's moons, well done!  Clear skies!

A Skywatcher Skyliner 200p Dobsonian. Until now I have been using the basic eyepieces supplied, however, I have just received my Baader Hyperion zoom and the Baader 2.25 Barlow. just waiting for my nest opportunity to test them out.

Best wishes to you all.

Hi Lazy Saint, truly a great scope, one of the best out there, a perfect choice, you can only see Saturn's 'other' moons with an 8" or larger, so I thought you had something like this.  Good luck with the new Baader Zoom.  Best wishes.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived