Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DIY Spring Peak star party.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mapstar said:

The mob should've set up the truss corner by then :grin:

looks like we will be a set down . my works have cancelled my hols as we have a big maintenance window and they want me there :BangHead: gutted

18 minutes ago, faulksy said:

looks like we will be a set down . my works have cancelled my hols as we have a big maintenance window and they want me there :BangHead: gutted

That really does suck :(

17 minutes ago, faulksy said:

Gutted Mike. Truss corner will be well down on some serious aperture and it's chief mashing guru.:cry:

31 minutes ago, faulksy said:

That's a shame Mike .... I might pop over and borrow your kit :happy8:

11 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Gutted Mike. Truss corner will be well down on some serious aperture and it's chief mashing guru.:cry:

:eek:...never thought of that Damo.....we will have to make our own brew!;)

1 minute ago, estwing said:

:eek:...never thought of that Damo.....we will have to make our own brew!;)

Wont be the same Calv without the background "drink, smoke" quote every so oft. Kept me going in Bala proper hero 

1 minute ago, estwing said:

I'm sure we'll drink to fellow M.I.A. mob members Danny and Mike...:drunken_smilie:

Is Danny still astroing? Thought that he had sold his gear and gone all arty photographer on us? 

Paul

ps. His pictures are pretty damn fine though.

1 hour ago, Daniel-K said:

in his fairy flower tent?

Sorry Danny. Didn't see you jumping in there.

There ain't much room in the hippy tent. I was going to get a new manly tent for this outing, but funds don't allow.

Shame that you can't make it,

Paul

Just seen a forecast on BBC and it is looking very promising :grin:

My week of travel hell continues tomorrow - I've already been to Krakow, London and Galashiels this week and am now in a hotel Edinburgh - driving to London tomorrow night for an 8am meeting on Friday then home to Chesterfield to pack the car and then down to Ashbourne by late afternoon. The "check engine" light has been on since I set off for Heathrow on Sunday morning but it can't be too urgent as it hasn't blown up yet :lol:

Provided I can find everything I need I am planning to bring my VX12, C11, Altair 152, Evo 150, Lunt 50 and AZ-EQ6. 

I bought a Celestron StarSense and GPS for the AZ-EQ6 last month but they haven't been out of the boxes yet so I might be in need of technical assistance :wink:

See you all on Friday!

19 minutes ago, DRT said:

My week of travel hell continues tomorrow - I've already been to Krakow, London and Galashiels this week and am now in a hotel Edinburgh - driving to London tomorrow night for an 8am meeting on Friday then home to Chesterfield to pack the car and then down to Ashbourne by late afternoon.

That's a heck of a lot of travelling to be doing in a week, that drive from Edinburgh to London will be a nightmare run, you will probably spend the weekend sleeping :happy72:

Drive careful

12 minutes ago, JemC said:

That's a heck of a lot of travelling to be doing in a week, that drive from Edinburgh to London will be a nightmare run, you will probably spend the weekend sleeping :happy72:

Drive careful

I will do. I did it in the other direction yesterday so at least I know the way :smile:

I like your suggestion of sleeping - I just need a volunteer to set-up my StarSense on Friday evening so I can have a quick nap before searching for that new comet @Moonshane posted about :wink:

Awake early this morning so the first job today was to get all the batteries charged that I need for the weekend :thumbsup:. Then I need to get the scope mods finished and the whole thing rebuilt ready for all that star hopping.

I know the campsite isn't exclusive to us but I hope the campsite has a decent attitude to extraneous light emissions :icon_scratch: 

I'm so looking forward to getting there and setting up, cracking a beer open to toast my arrival (like a certain star party attendee I have the pleasure of knowing :hiding: ) and then just kicking back and enjoying the weekend.

7 hours ago, Paul73 said:

Is Danny still astroing? Thought that he had sold his gear and gone all arty photographer on us? 

Paul

ps. His pictures are pretty damn fine though.

My Avatar image was taken by Danny. What a cracking night that was and a fantastic image as a constant reminder :happy7:

11 hours ago, Paul73 said:

Sorry Danny. Didn't see you jumping in there.

There ain't much room in the hippy tent. I was going to get a new manly tent for this outing, but funds don't allow.

Shame that you can't make it,

Paul

I would have but unfortunately the event starts on my first day back on shifts. If it was two days either side I would have.

at least the weather looks nice for the next few days hope it goes well.

are you sleeping in the car then?

3 hours ago, mapstar said:

My Avatar image was taken by Danny. What a cracking night that was and a fantastic image as a constant reminder :happy7:

still into Astro Paul just doing it when possible. Daytime photography is ideal for me at the moment but don't worry I'll have a dob again or some sort of AP rig.

Archived