Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

cotterless45

DIY Spring Peak star party.

Recommended Posts

Has there ever been a naturist star party :happy6: nice and chilly

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pig said:

Has there ever been a naturist star party :happy6: nice and chilly

It's bad enough with folks bragging about having the biggest scope :grin:

Dave

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pig said:

Has there ever been a naturist star party :happy6: nice and chilly

Being as I find Astronomy doinated by guys...I cant see much point, myself. 

Now, has there ever been an abundence of alcohol available at star parties....is a different matter and I think folks would would find much more appealing...Especially in the cold nippy winter month of March ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Star101 said:

Now, has there ever been an abundence of alcohol available at star parties....is a different matter and I think folks would would find much more appealing...Especially in the cold nippy winter month of March ;) 

Alcohol? Cant think as I've ever been to a star party that had any :hiding:

Winter month March? Try November in Galloway and Skye now thats winter :thumbright:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stu said:

Let's keep this cheery chaps!!

I managed to get divorced for reasons entirely unrelated to telescopes, so it is possible ;);) 

that is great news stu :grin:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, faulksy said:

that is great news stu :grin:

Check yer phone Mike 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's clear Sunday night I might stop another night 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy Nick!!! That sort of post is tue jinx equivalent of about £3k of brand new scope! 

Paul

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too Calvin.... it would be sacrilege not to :happy8: I might even stay even if the weather is pleasant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, estwing said:

Galaxyfest!!!

I've already got Nicks list of 70 odd binaries to locate, good job I'm bringing GoTo :grin:

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOOOOOOOO! :cussing:

Just switched my laptop on and the screen is almost black???? tried pressing all kinds of buttons to no avail, it works fine on external monitor, i have no idea why it's doing this....any idea anyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JemC said:

NOOOOOOOO! :cussing:

Just switched my laptop on and the screen is almost black???? tried pressing all kinds of buttons to no avail, it works fine on external monitor, i have no idea why it's doing this....any idea anyone 

May just be the backlight tube if you're lucky, some are easy to change some a right PITA.

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

May just be the backlight tube if you're lucky, some are easy to change some a right PITA.

just been back to it (10 mins ago) and now it's working again :dontknow: Strange, 

i think i might just bring the external monitor with me just in case,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JemC said:

just been back to it (10 mins ago) and now it's working again :dontknow: Strange, 

i think i might just bring the external monitor with me just in case,

This laptop I'm using had the same sort of problem, sometimes the screen would light up other times not, it may just be a loose connection.

If it happens again shine a torch on the screen to see if there is anything visible, if there is it's probably the light or the inverter, if you boot up in the BIOS setup it's easier to see.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

If it happens again shine a torch on the screen to see if there is anything visible, if there is it's probably the light or the inverter, if you boot up in the BIOS setup it's easier to see.

Dave

when it booted up and was dark you could just make out images but not enough to see what you were doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy DIY job depending on the laptop, older the better :grin: some newer ones that boast an edge to edge display are glued in.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, estwing said:

bbc now say rain on countryfile!

just seen that calv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Easy DIY job depending on the laptop, older the better :grin: some newer ones that boast an edge to edge display are glued in.

Dave

it's 

HP elite book 8440p core i7 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any of you builder buddies could please find me an offcut of roofing lead big enough to mould into a matchbox size cuboid I'd appreciate it :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

If any of you builder buddies could please find me an offcut of roofing lead big enough to mould into a matchbox size cuboid I'd appreciate it :headbang:

Only if you tell me what it's for :grin:

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.