Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DIY Spring Peak star party.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pig said:

Has there ever been a naturist star party :happy6: nice and chilly

Being as I find Astronomy doinated by guys...I cant see much point, myself. 

Now, has there ever been an abundence of alcohol available at star parties....is a different matter and I think folks would would find much more appealing...Especially in the cold nippy winter month of March ;) 

34 minutes ago, Star101 said:

Now, has there ever been an abundence of alcohol available at star parties....is a different matter and I think folks would would find much more appealing...Especially in the cold nippy winter month of March ;) 

Alcohol? Cant think as I've ever been to a star party that had any :hiding:

Winter month March? Try November in Galloway and Skye now thats winter :thumbright:

NOOOOOOOO! :cussing:

Just switched my laptop on and the screen is almost black???? tried pressing all kinds of buttons to no avail, it works fine on external monitor, i have no idea why it's doing this....any idea anyone 

3 hours ago, JemC said:

NOOOOOOOO! :cussing:

Just switched my laptop on and the screen is almost black???? tried pressing all kinds of buttons to no avail, it works fine on external monitor, i have no idea why it's doing this....any idea anyone 

May just be the backlight tube if you're lucky, some are easy to change some a right PITA.

Dave

36 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

May just be the backlight tube if you're lucky, some are easy to change some a right PITA.

just been back to it (10 mins ago) and now it's working again :dontknow: Strange, 

i think i might just bring the external monitor with me just in case,

12 minutes ago, JemC said:

just been back to it (10 mins ago) and now it's working again :dontknow: Strange, 

i think i might just bring the external monitor with me just in case,

This laptop I'm using had the same sort of problem, sometimes the screen would light up other times not, it may just be a loose connection.

If it happens again shine a torch on the screen to see if there is anything visible, if there is it's probably the light or the inverter, if you boot up in the BIOS setup it's easier to see.

Dave

7 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

If it happens again shine a torch on the screen to see if there is anything visible, if there is it's probably the light or the inverter, if you boot up in the BIOS setup it's easier to see.

Dave

when it booted up and was dark you could just make out images but not enough to see what you were doing

5 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Easy DIY job depending on the laptop, older the better :grin: some newer ones that boast an edge to edge display are glued in.

Dave

it's 

HP elite book 8440p core i7 

17 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

If any of you builder buddies could please find me an offcut of roofing lead big enough to mould into a matchbox size cuboid I'd appreciate it :headbang:

Only if you tell me what it's for :grin:

Dave

Archived