Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DIY Spring Peak star party.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, JemC said:

Just wish this wind would drop its not going to make imaging possible if it stays like this :huh:

Still lovely clear skies though

You've not been to the Llynn peninsula then....

Battery pack on charge scope/mount on charge petrol tank full ,boot half full, just the scope tripod camera gear clothing and some food and beer to put in when I get back from the hospital 

Just made myself a hot cup of coffee and now going to get the chair and binoculars out and chill looking at all the heavenly beauties

Still to windy to try any imaging with scope,just tried with camera on tripod but even with short subs getting streaky stars 

Good job i like my own company, all by my lonesome :happy11:

I haven't loaded the car yet but I have everything packed and ready, I am expecting to get there early afternoon..... just in time for dinner :happy8:
The weather is looking pretty good for the weekend, in fact its pretty good here at the moment also so I might get the scope back out :happy8:

I have not packed the car yet.  At the moment I have the scope imaging in the garden as its such a clear night here it would be a shame to waste it :)

Looks like I will be packing the car in the morning lol. At least I dont need the tent :D

21 hours ago, DRT said:

Provided I can find everything I need I am planning to bring my VX12, C11, Altair 152, Evo 150, Lunt 50 and AZ-EQ6. 

I bought a Celestron StarSense and GPS for the AZ-EQ6 last month but they haven't been out of the boxes yet so I might be in need of technical assistance :wink:

See you all on Friday!

Getting down to the bare minimum then. I thought your tent at SGL last year must have been a vendor...

45 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

I am getting a inflatable tent Tuesday hoping to book some where on the Llynn Peninsula any tips let me know at psp. 

Danny K knows some really good spots around there.

4 hours ago, JoeP said:

How many are going!? I just tried to book and they're full. Shouldn't have waited for the forecast.

Silly, silly boy. Although i am not attending this event I know from past experience that the weather will always change. Even if the weather is carp the general craic and chit chat, not to mention knowledge base at a gathering of amateur astronomers is immense. Always book and attend!!!!!!!!

Only just started packing.... Can't leave until around midday anyway, and kit is largely ready anyway so just a matter of squeezing two full sized adults, one pint sized 3 year old, a travel cot, buggy, clothes for three, camping gear for the weekend and my scope kit into the old Mondeo hatch. Could be fun!!

I won't be setting off until my list of jobs is a finished ???

Have done non of the intended work on my scopes. Got some of those gourmet tent pegs though.

Don't even know if the Dob will fit yet! 

Will be arriving about 3pm.

Paul

Archived