SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DIY Spring Peak star party.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I`m just getting bits and bobs together thinking about best food bring when I will be cooking on single gas cooker (might bring two) make it a bit easier still quite hard. Leaving my Astronomy kit until Friday morning may get a clear night tonight or tomorrow.

All packed up. Just got to put a Dob in the car.

It's no use looking at forecasts, last session I had five different forecasts varying from sleet, heavy rain and clear skies. Checking after a few hours, they all changed . Surprisingly still inaccurate! Hope to get there about 2 on Friday under 

clear skies !

Nick.

3 minutes ago, cotterless45 said:

All packed up. Just got to put a Dob in the car.

It's no use looking at forecasts, last session I had five different forecasts varying from sleet, heavy rain and clear skies. Checking after a few hours, they all changed . Surprisingly still inaccurate! Hope to get there about 2 on Friday under 

clear skies !

Nick.

The mob should've set up the truss corner by then :grin:

Everything packed in boxes double burner and a single burner just need to put in the car ready for the off taking the wife for a hospital appointment Friday dinner time hope to be on the road for 1-30pm

can put some boxes in the car Thursday night and put the scope in the car when I get back from the hospital 

have to check which way to go to beat the Friday traffic 

41 minutes ago, kerrylewis said:

Packing the car tomorrow. Won't have room for everything so excluding non-essentials like food. Well - there's a caff! 

Is the café any good?

Hope so, because I won't have room for cooking gear.

Paul

1 minute ago, wookie1965 said:

we can only go in the the Yurt after 3pm so setting off about 1 just having a nice drive should get there about 3ish as long as I don't get lost

My details for the pod say 3pm too but I'll be setting off when I'm ready to go. Don't mind hanging around if necessary 

Sadly not arriving until about 5pm with work commitments. Any help setting up from you early arrivals before sunset would be really appreciated :) 

i bought a small pop up gazebo to cover the scope if weather turns. Bringing my cge pro with 11"edge and piggyback takahashi fsq. That's all that will fit in I'm afraid ! Oh and my Lunt magnesium binos :) 

I have my two ladies with me to drop off at Auntie Jo's in Bakewell before coming along, hope to be there mid afternoon.

I should have the C9.25, Tak and PST mod with me, plus AZEQ5

just bringing my celestron evo 6 and the star adventurer

my pod details say arrive after 3pm before 5pm 6-30pm on Fridays hope to be there after 3 before 5

Archived