Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

cotterless45

DIY Spring Peak star party.

43 minutes ago, estwing said:

bbc now say rain on countryfile!

As always see what it's like on the day and go anyway :thumbright:

• Like 5

Lol

to put in my tetrad to fine tune balance in the big dob

Country file only went to Friday. High pressure will establish itself over the UK on Saturday and through Sunday.

Nick will be fine for doubles with the stable air but the transparency might be moderate for galaxy hunters.

I am still keen on the Dovedale walk on the Saturday. Anyone who wants to tag along can.

I should be there late afternoon all being well on the Friday.

Mark

www.bristolweather.org.uk

47 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

Lol

because of the extra ring and clamps around the tube ?

if i can get there i have some lead shane, whats wrong with your box of coins :grin:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

Lol

Solid lump then, I thought you wanted to make a lead matchbox :grin:

Dave

• Like 1

Yeah I dropped the tube a bit for the weight of the ring moving up but it's slight bottom heavy now. Only needs 1-200 get or so. Coins won't fit in my tetrad ;)

If anyone has some that would be fab although I have rigged something up for now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

Yeah I dropped the tube a bit for the weight of the ring moving up but it's slight bottom heavy now. Only needs 1-200 get or so. Coins won't fit in my tetrad ;)

If anyone has some that would be fab although I have rigged something up for now.

Thought you were trussing it Shane? 

Was going to and eventually might still but for now have converted to to a split tube

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JemC said:

NOOOOOOOO! :cussing:

Just switched my laptop on and the screen is almost black???? tried pressing all kinds of buttons to no avail, it works fine on external monitor, i have no idea why it's doing this....any idea anyone 

mine does that sometimes, I worked out that it was the brightness setting being inverted - never worked out why, but now I just crank it up (or down)

• Like 1

Some laptops have different key combinations to turn off / dim the backlight but difficult to do accidentally.

Dave

My tongue-in-cheek comment to @rockystar a day or so ago seems to have created a flurry of off-topic divorce-inducing comments. Apologies, it really was a joke and I sincerely hope no one has left the Mrs or irreparably damaged their relationship with their mother in order to attend this wonderful event   :rolleyes2:  :lol: 

I am really looking forward to this. I have had virtually zero scope time this winter due to weather and unending travel with work and also missed the last SGL gig so this is a very welcome chance to chill out and enjoy some good company and good observing. Just to get the weekend off to a great start a client has put a meeting in my diary for 8am on Friday in central London so I will see you all just before sunset :sad: 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, DRT said:

a client has put a meeting in my diary for 8am on Friday in central London so I will see you all just before sunset :sad: 

School boy error. My diary for Friday has been blocked out with vitally important meetings from 7am to 7pm for months!!

Hopping to be there by lunchtime on Friday. Scopes x 4, tent x 1, beer x loads.???. 

Paul

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Moonshane said:

I've chopped a bit off a roll and put it in the van with some snips.

See you there

Dave

Does anyone have a Baader 1.25x GPC for use with Baader Maxbright binoviewers that I could borrow for an hour or so please? Just trying to optimise my Ha set up.

Cheers! Shane

10 hours ago, Moonshane said:

Does anyone have a Baader 1.25x GPC for use with Baader Maxbright binoviewers that I could borrow for an hour or so please? Just trying to optimise my Ha set up.

Cheers! Shane

Does anyone have a bottle of Port Ellen 25 Year Old Malt that I could borrow for an hour or so please? Just trying to optimise my weekend.

Cheers! Derek :evil: 

• Like 7

I wish Derek, I am still not allowed to drink and apart from some brandy sauce on Christmas day I haven't had any alcohol for 5 months !!!!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Pig said:

I wish Derek, I am still not allowed to drink and apart from some brandy sauce on Christmas day I haven't had any alcohol for 5 months !!!!

Best stay well away from the Dob church then  :evil62: :drunken_smilie: 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DRT said:

Does anyone have a bottle of Port Ellen 25 Year Old Malt that I could borrow for an hour or so please? Just trying to optimise my weekend.

Cheers! Derek :evil: 

Derek: I have a full bottle of Port Ellen 1980 - the bad news is that it's a miniature! I'll bring it with selection of others :icon_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Pig said:

That's bad news Shaun - no Italian plonk this time then?

Kerry 

• Like 2

the church will contain its usual blessing of stagg chilli and vodka...but this year a new welcome banner will be see its maiden unveiling....:evil6:

• Like 2

bringing along a mate who has not done any real astronomy so will be interesting for him I hope. he's been a birder all his life so used to optics :happy7:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

bringing along a mate who has not done any real astronomy so will be interesting for him I hope. he's been a birder all his life so used to optics :happy7:

In a he unlikely event of clear sky, we've got plenty of scopes for him to play with. ?

Not loving the forecast for Friday & Saturday nights......?

Paul