Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

lovely moon tonight. 10-11-16 18.00

xtreemchaos

best seeing ive had all year and the clouds have invaded, but i got a few snaps first. kit- ar127l + 1200d for discs and asi120mc _2xbarlow for close ups.

thanks for looking and i hope you all have clear skys and dont get bushwacked by the spitefull cloud like me.  charl.

lazy moon 128 frames, iso100.

moon 10-11-16 lazy.png

right way up.

moon 10-11-16 1600.png

a few closeups i manged to grab, ive done my best to clean them up because some where cloud infested.

close up 4 10-11-16.png

moon cu1 10-11-16.png

close3 10-11-16.png

closeup 2 10-11-16.png

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Peter, ive just got a bit of clear sky and have put the cameras away and am doing vis for the rest of the night, im looking at tycho at moment with the ar127l and 2x barlow a 15mm ler and its like im in orbit, boy my eye going to hurt later.  clear skys, charl.

Just seen these Charl.. Nice to see what a humble f10 (ish) achro cam do in the right hands.. Great detail, inspiring me to give the f11 a try out on lunar one day...

I've just taken some reasonablygood a focal through the slv's.. The moon love that glass I kid you not!

Clear sky's

Fozzie

thanks Fozzie, your so kind mate, but I agree the AR127l do take a nice moon pic, ive had the scope 11years and ive had many scopes inbetween but not kept them as its hard to find anything as good without having to sell kidney, its really good with doubles, and I also use it for sol close ups.  clear skys, charl.

11 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Nice to see what a humble f10 (ish) achro cam do

Good images, Charl, thanks for posting. I's actually clear here right now. The Moon is full and when it's full it always looks best in binoculars, so I'm going to have a peek.

By the way, I can see the Merope nebula in your image of the Pleiades. That's a nice bonus.

Bye!

Archived