What if the eyepiece you're looking through...

iPeace

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find I slot in my Nagler 13T6 more than my Pan 24, so I'll have to go with that! (though tbh I own very few EPs to be passing any judgement :) )

In terms of any EP I could ever have, then I'd have to go for the TV Ethos 6mm-21mm zoom :p

One eyepiece ?  That's a tough call, as the recipe for an optimized optical train would be different based on the individual scope being used.

If I were limited to the scopes I presently have, the one eyepiece would be a 12mm Brandon; its the eyepiece that gets the most use. 

In terms of a single eyepiece that could do a good job on a wide range of targets with my most used scope (12" F/5.3 dob) I reckon it would have to be my 13mm Ethos but in practice I don't actually use it that much, which seems perverse :undecided:

I've had a few great DSO centered sessions where all I've used was the 21mm Ethos but the 13mm would give me a bit more "oomph" for lunar planetary viewing while still showing a .8 degree true field.

Of eyepieces I actually own, the Pentax 8-24 SMC zoom as it's so versatile, delivering great views.

If the zoom wasn't allowed but still one I actually own, probably the Meade UWA 14mm 84deg...a sort of poor man's Ethos?:-)

And using the same logic as the two examples above, but for an eyepiece I don't own (and have never looked through)...the Leica Aspheric zoom, or if not allowed, the Ethos 13mm- in both cases to see what all the fuss is about!

And then I'd wake up!

Dave

On 25.02.2016 г. at 09:52, YKSE said:

It's certainly Leica zoom for me. Even though it's only 2x zoom range, but it's still much more versatile for many objects than any fix focal one.

Yong,

No one said anything about having 40 telescopes with different focal lengths to use the one eyepiece

Archived