Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New stargazer

webtubbs

Hi All,

My lovely wife has bought me a telescope for my upcoming birthday (Celestron Astromaster 130EQ) but won't let me take it out of the box until then, so I have an anxious 3 week wait.

I've been doing a lot of reading and am thinking of getting 8mm, 13mm and 32mm EPs at some stage in the future. I've already got a 2x Barlow on the way.

For now I just have to be patient for the next few weeks before I can get out and look at the night sky!

Wayne

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings and welcome to SGL! We love questions here, so no need to be shy. Make yourself at home.

As you await your Big Day, you can use your eyes. And here's a great star-mapping/planetarium program to help you find your way:

http://www.stellarium.org/

It's totally free! And one of the best.

Clear Nights,

Dave

Thanks everyone. I've just downloaded Stellarium on both my laptop and tablet and it looks awesome! I've already checked what I might be able to see on the first night I get to take it out. There's no moon, but Saturn is high in the sky at midnight. It'd be amazing if I could see the rings on my first look, but I need to remember not to get too far ahead of myself :)

Hello Wayne and a warm welcome to the star-crazy gang. Happy Birthday in advance. I bet your really struggling to be patient. I hope you enjoy your new hobby and your stay with your new friends here on this wonderful forum.

All the best

Bob

Archived